New enclosure(soon)!

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
These are what have been bought yesterday. Top one is wheat grass seeds. IMG_20190321_091258.jpegIMG_20190321_091336.jpeg
Enclosure size: 32x19x20 (in inches)

I'm currently trying to find opuntia cactus and hibiscus seeds. Anyother plants would be a great addition to the new tank?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
In an indoors tank such as that, it would be very difficult to get any plant to grow past the sprouting stage, especially with a tortoise trampling on them.
I suggest flower pots on a windowsill if you cant plant plants outdoors and just feed the clippings.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
In an indoors tank such as that, it would be very difficult to get any plant to grow past the sprouting stage, especially with a tortoise trampling on them.
I suggest flower pots on a windowsill if you cant plant plants outdoors and just feed the clippings.
Yeah I figured, so I decided not to put my pots in there. BTW can sulcata consume sunflower?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
The enclosure's basics are all set up! Got to the right temps and humidity, increased the depth of the substrate. Just one thing... The water dish looks so small now...

Attachments

• IMG_20190322_075001.jpg
    IMG_20190322_075001.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Lucky is in!! At first she was confused about why it's home for so much bigger, and now it's walking around, push away everything that stands in its way! I sure hope Lucky will be much happier in this big home.

PS I don't know if it's that Lucky has ridiculous adaptability or feel in love with this new home instantly, but it's appetite is as amazing as ever!

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Lucky is in!! At first she was confused about why it's home for so much bigger, and now it's walking around, push away everything that stands in its way! I sure hope Lucky will be much happier in this big home.

PS I don't know if it's that Lucky has ridiculous adaptability or feel in love with this new home instantly, but it's appetite is as amazing as ever!
Look at it eat! BTW look at how dirty it has already gotten XD1553231578588.jpeg

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
New update: this is the final set up for the new enclosure. I've decided to put the flower pots in. I've put a few wheat grass seeds into testing. And the ones I planted in the enclosure had sprouted 2 days ago and now they're taller than Lucky, meanwhile the ones planted outside the enclosure in the flower pots did sprout but didn't grow very much at all. So it seems like the condition inside the enclosure is more beneficial for plants. I also made a few adjustments to the stuff in the enclosure. What do you guys think about it?

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_181433.jpg
    IMG_20190325_181433.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12