New Enclosure lots o pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Satellite Beach, Fl
I took a Few hours this afternoon to make a larger enclosure for my torti. (I've decided that the plural of tortoise is Torti. mainly because I'm too lazy to spell out the whole word!) Their previous enclosure was 6'X18', but my little guys paced the perimiter all the time, so i figured I'd use my not so amazing carpentry skills and make my little buds a bigger space (out of my Dad's hurricane shutters(hey... its what i had available!))
I give them free time outside of their enclosure daily to roam the yard. I think Franklin would be content with the ENTIRE back yard and all the dog poo in it, but he will just have to suffer in his new 54'X6' enclosure.

Yes... 54 Feet Long....
If he's going to pace it will be good exercise!

While I was building the enclosure I let Franklin and Tara roam their new area. They took about 4 seconds to find a way out into the yard...
I hadnt secured the panels yet...
SNC00621.jpg

Went into the house for a minute and Tara was about 10' away from where i left her...
SNC00624.jpg

The Big tree in the middle is the tree she is behind.

SNC00626.jpg

and Franklin was across the yard! He's a little devil! The garden boxes shown are the two behind the grill in the above photo.... Franklin is part Cheetah!
SNC00625.jpg

here are some pics to detail my afternoon with "The Escapees"!

From the back end.... notice Tara in the foreground.
SNC00623.jpg

Little shelter at the front!
SNC00632.jpg

It is too long to get in one shot
SNC00633.jpg

SNC00619.jpg

My Little guys were in their favorite hiding place! under the pet crate...(i moved it to find them)
SNC00630.jpg

Sweet and Snuggly to rest after a long day of exploring!
NiteNite Babies!
SNC00631.jpg

SNC00589.jpg
Thanks for looking guys! And let me know of some stuff i can add to make it more fun for these guys. Should a add another water bowl... or 4? Im going to add some Pampas Grass and more Grazing seed mix, the plants that are in there currently are Boguenvilla(sp?) and night blooming Jasmine... Both safe!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
What a cute shot of the two of them. That is a terrific enclosure. I am sure they wouldn't mind another water dish or two, and some grasses, plants, which you have planned. Lucky torti !

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
lynnedit said:
What a cute shot of the two of them. That is a terrific enclosure. I am sure they wouldn't mind another water dish or two, and some grasses, plants, which you have planned. Lucky torti !

HaHa Torti! I love saying it, its Delightfully incorrect! Im thinking of doing a water dish every 10' or so... they wont go drink on their own. I stuck them in their water yesterday and they were slurping it down. They are always snuggled together, so cute! They are so much fun... though i should have named them Lumpy and Bumpy... Hopefully they will smooth out.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I love your enclosure and 2nd lynnedit's suggestions, add more plants and water bowls, may a couple more half buried hides to provide a natural type burrow :)

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
Cool thanx Ms Mitch! right now its only 6' wide, eventually we will install a permenant fence... do you think it should be wider?(when the time comes)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a nice and spacious enclosure :) Lucky torts!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I'm with Terry, I want to go swimming.. Nice space you gave them, plenty of room to roam..

Status
Not open for further replies.