Grazing and starving....hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I went to a lecture on tortoise disease Friday and the reptile vet that did it said he feeds 80% Mazuri to his tort and would not use any other brand. He didn't really seem to want to talk about diet. His lecture was about disease, but people kept asking other questions. I guess it must be good stuff.

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
I'm gonna have to get some and try it. the good thing about commercial pet food is that there are added vitamins... so i figure 1-2times a week is good as a supplement. We make our dog's food but give them supplements for what theyre missing. It cant hurt :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
River14 said:
I have a similar problem with a small Indian star. There are two of them. One loves running around (literly pecking at the lawn and small weeds the other only eats the optunia and hybiscus flowers so I thought I would try Mazuri as I discovered some at last in HK (great excitment) its nice to have something to fall back on with a picky eater.

She doesnt like Mazuri at all, so today I chopped up a red hibiscus flower and mashed the pellets and mixed the two and she tucked straight in! Yipeee

The color red seems to be the key...my torts were never enthusiastic about Mazuri except for one time when I put red food coloring in the soak water...that day they made a bee-line for it!

I expect their enthusiasm for the Marion Red Tortoise Sticks is for the same reason.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
JeffG said:
I have not yet been able to find Mazuri anywhere near me either. It would be great if someone in The Phoenix area (east valley) could give a local source for it. I hate paying to have it shipped if I can pick it up locally.

Sorry, don't want to hijack your thread, but I think a lot of people would like to know where Mazuri is sold near them.

I got mine from Ace Hardware near Cave Creek. You might call your nearest store and if they don't carry it they can order it for you I think.

Like another post said, you can try a local feed store. There must be one around the East Valley somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.