New Enclosure for Terry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PregnantWasp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool, UK
Hello everyone! Terry has settled in nicely, hes very inquisitive and dare I say "fast" !! I have managed to build him a bigger home, the depth is not as big as I would have liked, but to be honest he just wants to be out of there once hes eaten his breakfast, I do put him back in once he's worn himself out. I'm a little scared about putting his heat mat under the orchid bark, as he is a scratcher, afraid he will electrocute himself!! Any other suggestions or much reassurance would be appreciated. Thanks

Here are some recent pictures of his new enclosure and a few of him.

Terrys new house
tUvnF.jpg

Terry in his new house
HMp9s.jpg

Weighing in the heavyweight :)
AFPdL.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh George...I'm sorry to say it, because your new habitat is very nice-looking, but its way too small for such a big tortoise.

PregnantWasp

5 Year Member
Liverpool, UK
Terry is 6" shell length and the depth of the viv is 36"x24" I asked around a few people and they said that should be fine, the pictures don't do it much justice if i'm honest..
also, he mostly only sleeps and eats in there, we let him out to roam the house and the back yard so he gets the exercise he needs :)

HtVic

5 Year Member
yea, the enclosure is too small.
and it seem a bit pyramiding to me

PregnantWasp

5 Year Member
Liverpool, UK
TY for your input Htvic, I have had this lil guy for just over two weeks, I took note of his pyramiding and did as advised, sprayed him, bathed him and keeping his home moisturized. Any other advice would be greatful.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Whatever pyradmiding he has, it sounds like it was before you acquired him.
It also sounds like the enclosure is more of a sleep/morning warm up station, and that you can get him outside for some time during the day? Will you eventually have an enclosure out there for him to roam?
He sounds as if he is very happy to be with you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
PregnantWasp said:
Terry is 6" shell length and the depth of the viv is 36"x24" I asked around a few people and they said that should be fine, the pictures don't do it much justice if i'm honest..
also, he mostly only sleeps and eats in there, we let him out to roam the house and the back yard so he gets the exercise he needs :)

I was thinking about the floor space, not the height of the walls. But if it works for you and he seems happy in there, then that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.