Upset with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
I've recently bought my Russian a new enclosure. He was getting too big for hos old one so i bought him a much bigger one. The only thing is he doesnt seem to want to come out of his hide :( hes not eating much and the only time he comes pit is when i get him out for a doak. Do you think hes upsrt because hes got a new house?

bingbongbibidybobbo said:
I've recently bought my Russian a new enclosure. He was getting too big for his old one so i bought him a much bigger one. The only thing is he doesnt seem to want to come out of his hide :( hes not eating much and the only time he comes out is when i get him out for a soak. Do you think hes upset because hes got a new house?

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, its great it has more room. my torts. would be shy for a few days. he may be getting used to you too. lets see what others say. good luck.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
What is this new bigger enclosure? Can you explain it to us, or better yet include some pictures? We may notice something.

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
I've had him just over a year and hes definately not shy with me. He loves his cuddles and even lets me give his lil head a scratch. Its just since hes had his new enclosure. I feel awful for upsetting him. Its for his own good though cos he does love to stomp around. I'm hoping he'll come around after a few more days

Its a sky tortoise tray system. His old enclosure was a wooden tortoise table/crate.

bingbongbibidybobbo

5 Year Member
Problem solved! He wasn't warm enough. I've lowered his light n now hes come out on his own and hes basking. Hos light was too high up originally and the warm end was only getting to around 65. Thanks for all your comments and help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.