New baby hermanns

jess99

Hello :)

I am new to this forum and got a seven month baby hermanns tort (Magnus) a couple of weeks ago; i just wanted to make sure I was doing things right.:tort::<3:

1. How long should I leave the lamp on for? (It's quite cold in my room)

2. Also I have been bathing him every other day but that seems to be the only time he drinks, so would it do any harm everyday?

3. At the moment he is content with chickweed, dandelions, dead nettle and a few other bits and bobs, but when it starts getting warmer is there anything easy to grow?

Thank you for your help :) he seems to have settled in (despite being buried by the dog on his first day!!) and loves to lie on this little log he can't fit in but desperately tries:D

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Peytons torts

He sure is cute and yes you can soak your baby every day a lot of people soak their hatchlings every day I do and they love it :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum! We have a good care sheet for you to read pinned at the top of our Hermann's section.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Welcome!
Magnus is cute :p
12-14 hours is great... but if it's QUITE cold (like, below 65, I'd say) you may need a CHE for some night heat :)
It's perfectly great to soak babies every day. I do my almost-adult-mr russian every other day, because it's good for his hydration and poop schedule.
Super easy to grow-
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/SeedMixes