New and I have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim444

5 Year Member
I have been reading on the site, but there is much to take in. I am hoping to adopt a turtoise sometime soon and I am one of those people that needs to know as much as possible before I get a certain type of pet. So, to start off:

What are the easiest turtoises to keep(I mean indoors as I live in Quebec so I cannot have an outdoor turtle, nor do I have the indoor space for a 10 lb+ turtoise). My friend has a Hermann's turtoise and I just love her, but they moved away and now I want one of my own.
How big a tank would I need for a Hermann's turtoise? Could a turtoise live happily outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter? What is the lowest outdoor temp they can live in(our summer nights can get very cool)?
Do different types of turtoises have very different diets, or are they mainly the same with a few differences?

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Welcome.
I would search through the species specific sections of the forum, rule out the tortoises that get too large, and begin my research from there. There's tons of info, you just have to be willing to look for it.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.