I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim444

5 Year Member
Hi all,

My name is Kim and I am new to this forum. I am on other forums for dogs, parrots and gecko's. I am looking to adopt a turtoise(land type not water) that has a diet of mainly vegetation. I do not and have never purchased any pets at pet stores or breeders, I just adopt and give homes to pets in need. I currently have 1 labrador retreiver, 2 parrots and 2 geckos. I also have 3 children. I am looking to add a Hermann turtoise, or a similar turtoise.

Pets I have had in the past - cats, turtles(water), mice, hermit crabs, fish, tree frog, oh and I fostered a sick bunny for a while.

Anyways, I live in Montreal Quebec, so if you know of anyone who needs to rehome their turtoise, please let me know. I will be reading posts and learning as much as I can while I wait to find a turtoise in need of a loving home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kim, and welcome to the Forum!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome,just keep looking at on line adds there's people always trying to rehome tortoises.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kim and welcome to the TFO .why with all the great torts did you chooser he Hermann's to get

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
mike taylor said:
Welcome,just keep looking at on line adds there's people always trying to rehome tortoises.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

I agree!

Kim444

5 Year Member
I actually have been looking online, at rescues, posted on facebook, and so far nothing. Seen tons of turtles, but no turtoises. I'll just have to be patient. Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Might as well as a few questions:
What are the easiest turtoises to keep(I mean indoors as I live in Quebec so I cannot have an outdoor turtle, nor do I have the indoor space for a 10 lb+ turtoise). My friend has a Hermann's turtoise and I just love her, but they moved away and now I want one of my own.
How big a tank would I need for a Hermann's turtoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.