New Aldabra/Galapagos Exhibit! Thoughts Please?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
why thanks greg. Its all for the passion. I do say whatever big buy or guys end up in here are gonna love it.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Houston we have windows. :D
As well as oscar my moms long haired weiner dog, he wanted to help but the nail gun was bigger than him :)

Tomorrow more plywood. Hopefully have some shingles up this week. Then have to go back and do some more work on the greenhouse. Back and forth back and forth. Too many projects.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your not worried they will break the windows? Looking good. Can't wait until the residence move in. Any idea how long?:). No hurry, okay kinda, I'm not very patient :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
:D Nah They wont break them. WELL at least I hope. The enclosure is so large I really think more grazing and pampering will take place for them to be occupied. Well Im looking around 3-4 more weeks to have everything wrapped up ENTIRELY. Still have a huge beast to tackle with the fence, and finish the greenhouse. But I should have wire and insulation in this building probably early next week. BUT the building might be empty for a while. Nobody seems to want to support the exhibit inhabitants. I had a successful, well so I thought meeting about exxon being a sponsor. But I guess they dont care. SO looks like im gonna have to keep saving up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Have you thought about BP (British Petroleum) they need to do something to give themselves a better name in this country. First the oil spill and now about a week or two ago, they had bad gas mixed at one of their holding plants in Indiana. About four states involved and a whole lot of cars needing repair. Yes, they are taking care of fixing the cars, but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. Of course now gas is going up, surprise, surprise. They are being very cheap and lazy. I haven't bought their gas since the spill. The creatures they have destroyed deep in the ocean, they will never know about, let alone do they care. I think they should support it. I would think about buying their gas again:D. Good luck

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I aught to give them a try. Its very taxing doing those meetings with HR. Usually its the smaller companies that help out. Usually I dont try to advertise the non-profit. I just do it all and fund it all myself. The way I see it is money is just a tool. I can never buy the emotions and feelings I get when I keep so many tortoises in the best possible way I can provide. I suppose I should maybe get the schools attention, in sponsorship, after all I do alot for the little kiddos on field trips and education for them. Maybe I will contact BP too. Time to kick up the organization a level wellington :D

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
From a great movie quote. "I'm to excited to sleep". Keep it up and dont worry about the Aldabra he'll find you.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh yeah I know. I have been very watched over and blucky in living my dreams and desires.

I need to post some progress of this building as well. Its coming along too.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I hate roofs. Framing them plywooding them. Anything with roofs. I dont like them haha. But its all going to be worth it.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortadise said:
Oh yeah I know. I have been very watched over and blucky in living my dreams and desires.

I need to post some progress of this building as well. Its coming along too.

:)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ha stupid phone. Lucky is what it was suppose to say. My big sausage fingers cant work the phone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.