Need to vent

Melymann

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
A new “exotic” pet store opened by me and I wish I wouldn’t have went to check it out. There was a hatchling Eastern Hermanns on sand with just basking light in a cattle water container on the floor where little kids were picking it up. Ugh. They also had 3 different species of chameleon housed together and 4 different species of snakes together. Hope they either change their ways or go out of business. I finally grew out of buying animals to “rescue” them.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I know that was hard to walk away from...

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I know it's awful, but I try to talk to them about proper care before I call/email in an animal cruelty complaint on them. If you can take pictures with your phone to document the specifics of the mistreatment, you make a better impression on the authority with oversight.

Jamie

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I know it's awful, but I try to talk to them about proper care before I call/email in an animal cruelty complaint on them. If you can take pictures with your phone to document the specifics of the mistreatment, you make a better impression on the authority with oversight.

Jamie
I agree. Talk to them. Some people just don't know better, but mean well. If they are rude jerks who don't care about torturing the animals in their care, then drop the hammer on them.