need help

gravitate

I have just landed at some relatives house in China. Anyhow to my suprise there is a tortoise in a glass bowl in the bathroom with nothing. There is a bag of pellets next to it which I presume is its food. I honestly thought they were joing to eat it as they have kept a fish in the bath for a couple of days before killing it. Anyhow I learned this was a PET!
The chinese owner said something about hibernation and thats the reason its in the bowl. I will tell them what they need to buy from the turtle and if necessary buy it myself. They live in a reasonably small apartment. Anyhow someone please help.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! First thing we need to do is figure out what species we are dealing with. Can you take some pictures showing it to us? The top shell (carapace), the bottom shell (plastron) and the face/neck are what we will need to see if possible.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Ditto. Can't help you without knowing what species we are dealing with.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!!

I'm thinking that we're misunderstanding the word "tortoise." I'll bet what your relative is keeping in the glass bowl is a turtle, and probably a red ear slider.

Can you possibly take pictures of the turtle for us?