Hi, I'm new to the forum

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
Hi All, Great forum! I have recently acquired 5 Indian Stars after a hiatus from keeping tortoises for the last 15 years. I had desert tortoises, leopards and a sulcata in the past, but relocating across country to NYC into a small apartment led me to need to re-home them. Now I've been back in the San Francisco Bay Area, the East Bay, Oakland to be exact, for a few years and have decided I'm in the position to keep tortoises again. I've always loved Stars, but never had them before. Anyhow, I've been reading posts for the past few weeks and learning a lot! Although I kept tortoises and turtles for most of my life and was relatively lucky with them, there is so much more info available now! Thanks! -Doug :tort:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
welcome to TFO Doug, glad to have you. We would love to see some pictures of your group

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Doug, and welcome to the forum!

You're right...the tortoise-keeping info available today is much newer and up to date than what was available to the keeper in the past. There's not too much on Star tortoises, but I've heard that keeping them is similar to keeping leopards, and we have a nice leopard care sheet in the "Important Threads" located at the top of the leopard tortoise section.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Doug welcome to the TFO from AZ . Do we get to see the torts in their enclosures ?

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry I've disappeared into the ether for a while. I work nights and am in the middle of a streak. My brain doesn't function well in between shifts and although I use computers all the time, I'm an old Luddite at heart. I'll do my best to post pics on Thursday when I've had some sleep. It took me three weeks after initially registering to figure out that I couldn't post as I hadn't completed the registration!

Once again, thanks for the welcome!

Doug

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1395382116.152267.jpg
Um, this is going to be a slow process. I am not that tech friendly
I think I'm uploading a photo.

Thanks for the care sheet. Believe me, I've been looking, but this one is very good.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Thank you Doug for the Picts . You have two great looking torts . Have a great tort day