bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA

clive168

Is there anything that I can help?

I think @clive168 speak perfect English.

I'll love to visit his farm one day while I'm in China, May not be this trip, Maybe next trip. @clive168 if you can PM me?

My English is not good enough , sometime I need to using dictionary, but almost I can read and write , poor in oral .

Gennifer11

Wow I'm very jealous of your set up, it actually looks like you have alot of room. Sometimes the water area can get bacteria and make the tortoises sick. Maybe it's time for a good cleaning session.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
My English is not good enough , sometime I need to using dictionary, but almost I can read and write , poor in oral .
I think you are doing great.

您可以PM (私信)给我,如果你还有不清楚,或者无法表达的疑问. 我将竭力为您传达!

您这个農庄在广东北部?是那个城市? 是否有机会?我可以安排来参观一下? 我觉得你们陆龟养的非常好!! 我有许多的时间是待在深圳.

祝好!

clive168

I think you are doing great.

您可以PM (私信)给我,如果你还有不清楚,或者无法表达的疑问. 我将竭力为您传达!

您这个農庄在广东北部?是那个城市? 是否有机会?我可以安排来参观一下? 我觉得你们陆龟养的非常好!! 我有许多的时间是待在深圳.

祝好!

Wow ur chinese so great !

We are location at canton shaoguan at the north of shenzhen for 350 km,we are welcome if u visit

clive168

Wow I'm very jealous of your set up, it actually looks like you have alot of room. Sometimes the water area can get bacteria and make the tortoises sick. Maybe it's time for a good cleaning session.

Hi
We clean every day and and the water is flowing water from the mountain spring, we build a pipeline from the spring to the farm for 1000meter

Gennifer11

I am not ver familar with China weather but I live in virginia USA and we have alot of clay here. Tons of clay. In order for me to plant a garden I had to dig maybe 1ft deep, and take all the clay I dug up and mix it with garden soil, then put the mixture back into the ground. You cannot remove all the clay because that is the natural environment, the plants will need to learn to grow in clay, so you use a lot of soil to start, then over the years you use less and less soil until all you have left is clay. And the plants will be used to it.
After you mix soil into your ground, plant your grass seed, and put fertilizer/manure on top. Water very well when the plants are babies. Bet careful with any chemicals you use so the tortoises don't eat it.

When you want to start growing the grass, google grass types that grow well with clay. I used thin fescue grass, next time I will switch to regular fescue grass..

The pictures are some of my plants and gardens from this past summer.

Attachments

• 1422964061937.jpg
    1422964061937.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 1422964104267.jpg
    1422964104267.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 16

Gennifer11

In the first picture you can see some grass next to the white fence. That was all dirt before I planted the grass. I didn't need to use much soil there. Just manure over the seeds.

clive168

In the first picture you can see some grass next to the white fence. That was all dirt before I planted the grass. I didn't need to use much soil there. Just manure over the seeds.

We build the farm at half way up the hill , and there soil have been excavated and just leave the hard soil and stone, it looks not suitable to plant grow up here , so plan to add some clay,

Gennifer11

I can only imagine how expensive that will be because you have so much land. Good luck!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Wow ur chinese so great !

We are location at canton shaoguan at the north of shenzhen for 350 km,we are welcome if u visit

I'm headed back to US this Saturday because Chinese New Year are approaching, most of the factory and company will be closed for the holiday.

韶关! That is about 5 hours drive from where I'm. I will schedule a visit when I come back to SZ on the early part of March. Due to my work, I'm traveling between China and US all the time.

Thank you for allowing for a visit! ! ! !

clive168

I'm headed back to US this Saturday because Chinese New Year are approaching, most of the factory and company will be closed for the holiday.

韶关! That is about 5 hours drive from where I'm. I will schedule a visit when I come back to SZ on the early part of March. Due to my work, I'm traveling between China and US all the time.

Thank you for allowing for a visit! ! ! !

Yes. We will back to home town (Hong Kong )for the Chinese new yr too, I think if u have time , the better period to visit our farm will be early summer ,the torts breed in open area and greenery everywhere looks better . If you would like to come our farm just let us know and always welcome . And hope u can give us more advice here。

Clive

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. We will back to home town (Hong Kong )for the Chinese new yr too, I think if u have time , the better period to visit our farm will be early summer ,the torts breed in open area and greenery everywhere looks better . If you would like to come our farm just let us know and always welcome . And hope u can give us more advice here。

Clive
Thank you Clive. I may bring you some Africa grazer grass seed mix for you to plan in your farm when I come. So your tortoise can have proper grass to eat.

Talk to you later! ! ! !