Name a time your tort has made you laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Was just thinking that a lot of us have some good (and often hilarious) experiences with our pets. Just thought we could take a time to reflect on these moments and share some laughs with others. Feel free to post your own funny story or photographed moment!
:tort:

When I had Rosie exploring the floor in the living room one day she kept chasing my feet and at first I kept wondering what had gotten into her! I realized she was going for my bright red toenail polish, probably thinking it was some sort of fruit to devour. I decided to test my theory by standing still and sure enough she tried to take my toenail off and grabbed onto the edge!

My boyfriend then decided to put his foot in front of her to let her try one of the unpainted variety and she sloooowly stretched her neck out towards his toe with her mouth agape, took a huge whiff, and *scwhooop!* pulled her head back into her shell as fast as she could! He felt offended by her displeasure at his foot odor but I couldn't stop laughing. :D

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
I had let my russian tortoise out to roam the house and she had decided that she was going to conquor the legs of the computer chair. Well to say she got high centered and had all 4 legs moving as fast as they could and her little neck streched all the way out but she could not move. So I came to the rescue. It was quite funny.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
lol thats too funny. Shelby as been on wind down for a few weeks and was not getting the idea that he was suppose to be getting ready for his first hibernation he proved this by mounting his fax tortoise twice in the same week I think he thought it was spring lol U would think after no food for that long the last thing on his mine would be climbing on the back of the tort lol unless he was trying to get out of the table and find his own food pmsl x

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Haha, I'm always amazed by the things they manage to climb! Thankfully Rosie's done no mounting (and shouldn't really being female)... :p

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
A few memorable ones...

First, was one day when I was working in the office, which is where Emrys lives. I had a feeling I was being watched, turned around and saw him standing with his neck stretched up just observing me silently. He was completely still, and that made me laugh. I got my camera and tried to capture the moment but didn't quite get it right. I've since moved his table against a different wall and the effect is now even better when he stops to watch me work:

533353_10150805576340746_1288903937_n.jpg

and

Finding him like this for the first time:

46413_10151330523280746_96434361_n.jpg

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
RosieRedfoot said:
Haha, I'm always amazed by the things they manage to climb! Thankfully Rosie's done no mounting (and shouldn't really being female)... :p
Well females do it to, I once cought my Lily mounting her food bowl.I had to do a double take to make sure I saw what I was seeing.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Sheldon tried to eat a green, cloth grocery bag once. He quickly realized it wasn't food.
He faceplants off things all the time, which is always funny.
He also scares the cat a little. :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
It was hilarious when my baby Leopard had Mazuri ALL OVER his face and was trying to lick it all off :p comical! :D XD

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Dunno if this is funny, but Sheldon always gets a piece of lettuce stuck to one side of his face. We started calling it a halferstache (half a mustache) and now he's General Halferstache.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
We only get to pick one!?

Here is probably the funniest (now that I look back on it, I was terrified at the time):

I was really worried about Carl because his shell seemed to be going soft, I posted on here about 30 times freaking out, haha. So I was getting ready to take him to the vet and decided I wanted to get a fecal sample, just in case. In order to make it easier to collect, I put a little bit of water in a very small bowl and put Carl in it outside so that he would stay warm. Since the sides of the bowl were so low I was worried he might get out so I put a critter keeper lid above it. The lid is one of those with a square opening in the middle, and I decided to put the square opening over the bowl so Carl would get some sunshine. It was about an inch away from either side of the bowl so I wasn't too worried.

Well I went off to get myself ready to go to the vet. I walked into the kitchen where I have a view of the patio table where he was at, and all I could see was half of Carl's little body somehow coming out of the bowl, with his two front feet attached to the critter keeper lid. I saw this for about a half a second before he had one big tug trying to get all the way out which sent him flying backwards back into the bowl. When I got to him about .3 seconds later, he was laying on his back, not even trying to get up, and had the most indignant look on his poor little face.

Needless to say, I panicked at first, but by the time we were in the car on the way to the vet, I couldn't stop laughing about it.

MVonSluis

5 Year Member
When I see the little one trying to push the big one out of his way :) he tries but can't budge my larger one :)

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
My russian climbs up his half log hide easily but the way down isn't as easy. The first time he climbed up he decided to go Down. It was too steep and he faceplanted. I couldn't stop laughing :p he was ok after that though.
This was a good post I love to hear about the funny story's about owners tortoises. :)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Poor Tyrone has outgrown his wooden half log hide ... I found this out when he was in his water dish ... It decided to soak some more while Tyrone walked away ...!

image-3489526622.png

Watsonpartyof4 said:
Poor Tyrone has outgrown his wooden half log hide ... I found this out when he was in his water dish ... It decided to soak some more while Tyrone walked away ...!

image-559313995.png

ChuckandAsh

5 Year Member
Haha my tortoise alwaysakes me laugh because when ever my girlfriend holds him he either poops or pees on her and its hilariouseeeeeeee (she throughly washers and disinfects her hands after) but I just think it's funny he does that.. Also when they yawn in the morning I think that's cute

Another time after first getting him I let Odyss walk around my floor and all of a sudden I feel a nibble in my toe and as I look down this 2 month old baby sulcata was trieng to eat me alive !! It was hilariouseeeeeeee I think Odyss thought he was showing me who was boss..

Status
Not open for further replies.