What does your tortoise do to make you laugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
I don't know if it's just me that finds my tortoise hilarious, do yours do anything to make you laugh?
For example, it makes me laugh when my Leo, Milly, is surrounded by food and she puts her arms forward to eat, then when she moves her arms back all the food goes flying!
It also makes me laugh when she chooses to turn around against the wall, banging her nose, rather than the other way.
What makes you laugh?

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
One of my torts is a complete attention seeker, he is very calm and placid when he thinks I'm out but as soon as he sees me he demands attention, he is worse than a toddler lol but it makes me laugh :)

knechtion53

5 Year Member
SF East Bay Area
My older Sully, Elvis, has to be right up in the midst of things whenever I am cleaning his enclosure area.
If I am raking up fallen leaves he comes right up to the pile to walk through it. When I lean the rake up against something so I can pick up the leaves, he rams into it repeatedly until it falls over.
When I am cleaning his water trays and adding fresh water, Elvis has to walk through them as soon as I finish. I must give him clean water 4 or 5 times per day.
Elvis always makes it clear that he is in charge of what goes on in his environment which I truly respect, and it makes me smile!:D

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
My Russian always lays in the middle of her food pile and spreads her legs out, lokks around (as if to make sure no one will try to take her food), the she starts to eat by just moving her head. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I always laugh at my leopard when I pick him up to kiss his cute little face. He will give me the look, like, really, with all these kisses, but then he extends his head out further like he wants more. He also tries to fit in his favorite places that are just too small for him now. I always get a kick out of it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dude my young sulcata will march all over the yard like he is on patrol. Once he spots a blooming dandelion, it's like he becomes a heat seeking missile as he hurries to get to it before it disappears. With the young hingebacks it's watching how they take on a large earthworm. Reminds me a bit of something Indiana Jones would be caught doing. :D Or when two of the young leopards will both come upon the same choice leaf at the same time and play tug of war with it.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
My boxie Gloria will eat and her mouth gets very messy. She will look up at me with her big brown eyes and I will take my finger and wipe the food off her mouth. I dont do this all the time but when I do I always giggle at her because it is like she wants me to . After each bite she will stretch her neck up and look at me. Its the cutest thing ever!! I think she may be a little spoiled huh? :) :)

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
When I clean out my enclosure from leaves/poop/moved around dirt, my oldest tort Bowser has to be underneath me. I'm usually squatting and she just barely fits underneath my butt. She will follow me around in this position until I am done. Usually she gets a hibiscus or rose flower for being so darn cute, but I am thinking when she's bigger she's not going to fit and I'll either have a ride around my enclosure while cleaning or cut out the treats. Koopa likes to make his own burrows, even though I spend tons of time and effort making him a nice cozy humid hide. He'd rather dig it himself. I think its funny watching him, since he's obviously showing off how much better he is at it. And Kamek no matter what she will get good all over her face. Top of head, shell, sides; it's as if she dove into the plate head first ever single time. She has an underbite though, so she's excused from her poor table manners.

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
My tort makes me laugh just by being a tortoise, I find them comical little clumsy characters. :D

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
if Ted is havign difficulties getting around a rock or something, he moves around it with his butt up against it, its the funniest thing i have ever seen. Another was when I introduced Ted to my newborn son, he wanted nothing to do with the baby , but EVERYTHING to do with his orange ball that my husband bought for our son lol as soon as he seen that he B-Lined over to it lol

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
Seeing as my little Leo is a hatchling, I take him out once a day for 30 min to an hour to get some exercise. But i find it really funny when he wants to take on every climbing task he can. If he was on my bed he heads straight for my pile of pillows and he starts going up. One time he was on my leg and he was trying to climb up my stomach, so I set him on my shoulder and he just sat there checking out the room. It's also funny when he is out of his enclosure and with me he will adventure but eventually get tired, and if my hand is resting on my leg or something he will come over and wiggle his way into my hand and he sleeps in like a diagonal position. other times he climbs up to the bend of my elbow and he wedges himself between my arm and ribs. He's a funny little guy :)

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
My tort makes me laugh by moving her neck in time to the beat of her favorite music, the Brandenburg Concerto. LOL! She is so cute.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Thanks for the replies everyone :D they all made me smile! Funny how creatures so different to ourselves can bring so much joy! Never thought tortoise stories could make me laugh so much!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
All these stories are fantastic! What a great thread! :)

I'm with Scottishfish - Just watching them be tortoises makes me smile.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Friday night we had a big storm where I live, and for a while before the storm my baby Russian was a nervous wreck, she was running around her enclosure randomly, so to calm her down I gave her her favorite treat, a Hibiscus flower. Unfportunately this only seemed to confuse her as she was now running in circles around her food dish. :( Then the first crack of thunder hit, shaking my whole house, and my little one took off toward her burrow. Then about half way there she turtned around and grabbed her flower and dragged it back to her burrow with her. This was pretty funny because the flower was bigger than she is. But then she burrows down some, and pulls the flower after her so she barely has to peek her head out of her burrow to nibble on the flower. It was adorable watching her pop her head out of her burrow and take a bite of flower and go back in.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
My girl Vodka is a terror to all things feline. She isn't allowed in ym back yard with my dogs (duh XD ) so I don't know how she reacts to them. But she will chase my neighbors outside cats down. Now if my neighbors cats are in my yard, and they see me coming outside, they look to see if I have the tub I carry my Russian girl in, and if I do they take off XD

She's a cat terrorist.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
The funniest thing my tort has done today is walk around with a leaf stuck under his armpit from breakfast! Its the new fashion I tells ya ;)

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
Spn785 said:
Friday night we had a big storm where I live, and for a while before the storm my baby Russian was a nervous wreck, she was running around her enclosure randomly, so to calm her down I gave her her favorite treat, a Hibiscus flower. Unfportunately this only seemed to confuse her as she was now running in circles around her food dish. :( Then the first crack of thunder hit, shaking my whole house, and my little one took off toward her burrow. Then about half way there she turtned around and grabbed her flower and dragged it back to her burrow with her. This was pretty funny because the flower was bigger than she is. But then she burrows down some, and pulls the flower after her so she barely has to peek her head out of her burrow to nibble on the flower. It was adorable watching her pop her head out of her burrow and take a bite of flower and go back in.

Oh my this made me laugh so much i can only imagine what it looked like in person so cute

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
When Missy rest her head in my hand... Plus farts bring smiles [EXTRATERRESTRIAL ALIEN]

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
Reading all these stories made my day. I haven't gotten one yet but when I talk about how i'm saving up to get a tortoise some people just look at me and laugh a girl at my work yesterday said she doesn't understand what so ever she even made fun of tortoises and was like "oph let me get a tortoise and enter it in a race to see which tortoise is slower" when i tried to explain to her that tortoises are pretty quick little guys when they want to be she just laughed. I find it funny. Not many people know how fun tortoises can be and how much joy they can bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.