My Update

Jamie5times

Location (City and/or State)
Methuen
Hi everyone hope all is well. I finally got rid of the water bowl I got at the pet store, it was a accident waiting to happen. In the pic you can see it but I replaced with a terra cotta. I will post some pics later of the new one. So the tank Betsy is in she seems happy so I am gonna leave it but I am going to design an out door one for the summer. I want her to get natural sun during the day at night I will take her inside and she will sleep in the one in the picture below. Other than that all seems great as a new tortoise owner. My cool side stays at 80 while my basking side stays at 90 ish I hope those are good temps I suppose I could put my fogger on to cool down all general areas though. I also got rid of the hide in the pic so she has more room, she loves her little cave lol better. Maybe I will put the hide in the pic in her out door enclosure instead.

D5562045-8C5C-428E-9A52-A81CB19EAAB4.jpeg ABB07C1A-810C-4920-BED8-5355D526FCBA.jpeg

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
It looks nice, but please keep in mind that you will need an 8x4 foot enclosure (or at the very least 6x3) for the winter when she can’t go outside in a large enclosure :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi everyone hope all is well. I finally got rid of the water bowl I got at the pet store, it was a accident waiting to happen. In the pic you can see it but I replaced with a terra cotta. I will post some pics later of the new one. So the tank Betsy is in she seems happy so I am gonna leave it but I am going to design an out door one for the summer. I want her to get natural sun during the day at night I will take her inside and she will sleep in the one in the picture below. Other than that all seems great as a new tortoise owner. My cool side stays at 80 while my basking side stays at 90 ish I hope those are good temps I suppose I could put my fogger on to cool down all general areas though. I also got rid of the hide in the pic so she has more room, she loves her little cave lol better. Maybe I will put the hide in the pic in her out door enclosure instead.

View attachment 268826 View attachment 268827
That's what I do with my little Russian. I take him outside everyday that I can and bring him in for the night. (watching temperatures,humidity,etc) In 12 years, I've only left him outside at night once by accident.

Jamie5times

Methuen
It looks nice, but please keep in mind that you will need an 8x4 foot enclosure (or at the very least 6x3) for the winter when she can’t go outside in a large enclosure :)
I know but she gets the run of the house to so it’s really just a bed for her

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Letting a tort run a round the house is dangerous! The floor is to cool for them , the cords are dangerous for the to bite them , even carpet fuss is dangerous to a tort , they taste test everything earring backs :IMG_2512.jpg
So please keep your tort in a safe enclosure!

Jamie5times

Methuen
Letting a tort run a round the house is dangerous! The floor is to cool for them , the cords are dangerous for the to bite them , even carpet fuss is dangerous to a tort , they taste test everything earring backs :View attachment 268867
So please keep your tort in a safe enclosure!
When I let her out it’s like 15 min a day all living things need an escape plus I watch her she stays in one room. I mane sure there is nothing she cannot get into.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
News update : supervisor said “ I only looked away for a minute “![emoji217]

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
No one on this forum will agree that letting them "roam" your house is a good idea. Do a search of all the posts referencing this. It's just not a good idea regardless of how well they are being watched. They are prey animals and as such they are easily stressed around humans, other torts/animals, strange surroundings etc. They need their own large territory so they may live as they would in the wild with lots of places to hide. Hope this helps!