My New Leopard To Be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbbeh

5 Year Member
Tomorrow I go to pick up my first ever Leopard tortoise! I owned several box turtles when I was a kid but now that I am done with college and have been working and living on my own for almost three years...I've decided to adopt my first little tortoise!

So I wanted a male tortoise...The breeder gave me 5 choices:

1 and 2
IMG_2807.jpg

3, 4, and 5
IMG_9482.jpg

Can you guess which one I picked?

AAAAAND......

........The winner is Number 3!

IMG_5916.jpg

Yes, his shell has a funky slope on his left side. It's unique and wont affect his quality of life. The breeder said that it actually might very well grow out of it as he gets older. Either way, it makes him special to me!

IMG_4378-1.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

He apparently loves clovers!
IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

Now...if I can only pick out a name for him..

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
He (or she) is simply beautiful! I am sure, once you have your little one home for a little bit, a name will come to you. Congrads!! Ummmm by the way, did anybody warn you that tortoises are like Lay's potato chips... you can't have just one. :D

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Jacqui said:
Ummmm by the way, did anybody warn you that tortoises are like Lay's potato chips... you can't have just one. :D

True Story.

Seriously.

(your guy is a beauty BTW)

Rawbbeh

5 Year Member
Thanks! Yes I know they are like Lays(R) Potato Chips! My girlfriend wants a Leopard as well, and I know when I move into a house in a few years I am going to adopt an adult sulcata from a rescue since babies tend to be so plentiful yet are given up as they get bigger because people cant care for them properly.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
He's a nice looking fella.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
Jacqui said:
He (or she) is simply beautiful! I am sure, once you have your little one home for a little bit, a name will come to you. Congrads!! Ummmm by the way, did anybody warn you that tortoises are like Lay's potato chips... you can't have just one. :D

Ugh tell me about it we are up to about 30

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. I love my leopard. I am sure you will enjoy yours as much. Be sure to read the thread at the bottom of my post, listed with my signature. In my opinion the best info you can get.:D

Rawbbeh

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Congrats. I love my leopard. I am sure you will enjoy yours as much. Be sure to read the thread at the bottom of my post, listed with my signature. In my opinion the best info you can get.:D

Thanks! I have read quite a bit, especially the bit about the importance to humidity and the research/findings about how it prevents pyramiding at young ages. I have also already read both the "raising sulcata hatchlings" and the same for Leopard tortoises.

Btw, the last link in your signature no longer works....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Good choice, I would have picked number 3, of course I would have wanted to take them all in all honesty

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I was going to say #3 also. He is so cute. Still has his little egg tooth...:cool:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
These are very nice looking leopards.

Status
Not open for further replies.