My new baby Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselhound

10 Year Member!
Excited to report that Colin has really "come out of his shell" lately, lol. He no longer minds eating in company and today I saw him browsing on grass for the first time. Usually after he finished his greens, outside, he spends the rest of the day peeking out of his hut. Or maybe he finally has the strength to tear off pieces of grass.

A few mornings ago he got up a little earlier that usual and was relaxing in his water dish when I came in to get him. I usually have to dig him out of his hut where he's burried in moss, so it was funny to see him layed out in the dish, with one chubby leg flopped over the side.

He's quite the little character!

Hasselhound

10 Year Member!
Colin's second favorite pass time
2012-08-07_12-03-37_383.jpg

In the last month he has gained 160 grams and grown 3/4 of an inch.

Hasselhound

10 Year Member!
2012-08-20_08-38-00_141.jpg

2012-08-20_08-33-01_543.jpg

At a whopping 486 grams I'll be able to lift him for a while, LOL! Curious though, how long I can expect it to take to hit the 50 lb. milestone? Aldabraman, what say you?

Oh, and Colin says, "Howdy!" to TheMindBuddah, his namesake in the UK!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Hasselhound said:
how long I can expect it to take to hit the 50 lb. milestone?

I have seen 50 pounds at the five and six year mark, way fast! Almost all that i have seen grow that fast have had some pyramiding.

Hasselhound

10 Year Member!
ALDABRAMAN said:
Hasselhound said:
how long I can expect it to take to hit the 50 lb. milestone?

I have seen 50 pounds at the five and six year mark, way fast! Almost all that i have seen grow that fast have had some pyramiding.

Gottcha! ;)

Just curious how long I could reasonably expect to be able to pick him up.

Hasselhound

10 Year Member!
After reading Aldabraman's posts about his youngsters, I figured I better start offering some food by hand. And I'm happy to report that even though Colin ran a few steps away at first, he eyed that cactus pad, turned around and came back for a couple of bites! The only problem was that he seemed very interested in my fingers and I didn't give him the opportunity to taste one, LOL. :tort:

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Glad that Collin is doing well.

Please share more photos of him.

Hasselhound said:
After reading Aldabraman's posts about his youngsters, I figured I better start offering some food by hand. And I'm happy to report that even though Colin ran a few steps away at first, he eyed that cactus pad, turned around and came back for a couple of bites! The only problem was that he seemed very interested in my fingers and I didn't give him the opportunity to taste one, LOL. :tort:

Lol, don't ever think of it. Their bite hurts even when they are still small torts.

First time experience when trying to feed him by hand :D
Mine always more interested eating my fingers than even his favorite food :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, some how I missed the thread. So cute, congrats. Glad he's doing good. There are a lot of his siblings on this forum I believe. Someone the other day I think got two from Chris. In the last month I think there were about four diff threads of new Aldabs from Chris. Keep the updates and pics coming.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.