my foster failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubs1220

5 Year Member
Her (? I still don't know) name is Bazinga. I was cleaning her enclosure today and had randomly found aloe plant at my grocery. She loves it! As soon as I can get the attatchment loader for the app to work ill post some pictures.....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't understand how this is a foster failure?

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Glad she likes the aloe, Bowser loves it as well.

And what is your foster failer???

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't get the title of your thread either. I thought you had a foster and it died. What is the failure part?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
I don't get the title of your thread either. I thought you had a foster and it died. What is the failure part?

Was my thought too, that we were going to be reading a sad story, not that I am disappointed that it appears to not be a sad death story.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Glad there is no failure to this story I thought the worst :)

Aubs1220

5 Year Member
A foster failure is an animal you intend to just foster until a permanent home is found, but then you end up being that forever home :) so its actually a good thing. Lol

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Yeah, foster failure is a pretty common term in dog rescue, I figured thats what you meant. I was almost a foster failure EVERY TIME we fostered a new dog, I just had to keep reminding myself, and having other people remind me, that adopting saves one, fostering saves many :)

poison

5 Year Member
Aubs1220 said:
A foster failure is an animal you intend to just foster until a permanent home is found, but then you end up being that forever home :) so its actually a good thing. Lol

oh i get it lol. i guess im a foster failure to lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Aubs1220 said:

Well thanks for clearing that up. :D

Aubs1220

5 Year Member
futureleopardtortoise said:
Yeah, foster failure is a pretty common term in dog rescue, I figured thats what you meant. I was almost a foster failure EVERY TIME we fostered a new dog, I just had to keep reminding myself, and having other people remind me, that adopting saves one, fostering saves many :)

Yeah that's why I have 7 dogs, a parrot, 2 bunnies, and 2 cats. Many more have gone through this house some stayed longer than others, some were here just until they went to the rainbow bridge. I'm glad I married a saint. Now I just need to find that winning lotto ticket......

IMAG1421.jpg[attachment=25363

I think I've got the picture thing figured out....

Attachments

• IMAG1425.jpg
    IMAG1425.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
I can use a winning lotto ticket as well! But you are a saint! And I do wish you a winning ticket. ~C

Aubs1220

5 Year Member
CLMoss said:
I can use a winning lotto ticket as well! But you are a saint! And I do wish you a winning ticket. ~C

Thanks!

lovelyrosepetal said:
Your tort. looks so excited to eat that aloe vera.:) It is so cute!

Its the first time she's eaten out of my hand. It was so cute. I must have been grinning like an idiot lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.