My common toad eggs :) HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
I have some common toad eggs, incubating(?) in my bedroom as i was told they hatch faster warmer so theyre indoors...
I had common FROG tadpole before and everyone lived...i has like 25 or so, i was about 10 then im sure i can do it now! :)
I know the ''put them back where you got them'' etc are coming...but sorry guys my mind is made up!! :)
I wanna see how you setup enclosures for them and if anyone kept toadlets i want to keep 1-2 for a while afterwards!! Any info...Welcome! :)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
You can't beat a moist nicely planter aquarium. The toads I have hatched were very tiny, maybe 1cm in length.They will eat anything that moves, including each other. Good luck. I hope they hatch for you.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
This is my very basic set-up for my tadpoles. Its just a medium size plastic tube. I cut out 2 sections of the lid for the filter and for the lights to shine through, then I put a screen on top of the lid for the lights, one is a white tube light and the other is a black uv light. I of course have a aquarium filter and heater, I also have a rock hide that the water lands on to hopefully produce more oxygen. The temp stays at 22.22 degrees celsius. I have 7 tadpoles all with there back legs already plus a few mystery snails to help with clean up and some feeder fish. I feed the tadpoles pellet food, boiled frozen lettuce and they will eat any feeder fish that dies.

IMG00035-20120402-1957.jpg

IMG00034-20120402-1957.jpg

IMG00036-20120402-1958.jpg

IMG00039-20120402-1959.jpg

This is my tank once they become frogs. Nothing fancy, a little swimming area and some land. I have a small filter and heater in there but they are not really needed, I am just trying to make things easy for myself. I had to move the snails and tadpoles in this one for a few days and one of the snails layed 2 clutches of eggs which you can see in the pic.

IMG00038-20120402-1959.jpg

IMG00037-20120402-1959.jpg

I took what I read and what a few members one here told me and I figured out what worked for me. This is what you should do as well, take in the information and figure out what works best for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.