fire belly toad and outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I was reading this reptiles and amphibians book that I got from my library. I'm not sure how old it is, but I got it from my library so, I'm pretty sure, to say the least, that it not this century. So for the part, I'm not taking they facts as fact. Well, to my point, I got to the frog part of the book and it said to keep you're firebelly toad outside during the summer month. And this got me wondering if anyone does this?

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
all of our firebellies are kept indoors, all year round. we are able to mimic seasonal changes through varying temp/humidity/misting timers in different holding rooms, which effects and stimulates breeding behavior, etc... with predation and limited space, it is not feasible to put our animals outside, however, i have been to the ft.worth zoo's new living museum: exhibits & behind the scenes-it is AMAZING, they have the ability to put animals outside,etc. even have several turtle and tort rooms, hibernation room-ahh i have to stop drooling now. if i could sit down and draw the perfect reptile house-they have built it.

Status
Not open for further replies.