MVB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Could you pls help me with the website for the MVB bulbs??

We bought Tallula a UVB bulb, but have searched for months almost every single weekend for the light fittings, and cannot find it anywhere, not even at Ace hardware store, NADA! SO I have given UP and decided I'll get the best for Tallula and buy her the MVB. I just pray that they ship it here, otherwise I have no clue what to do!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
this is where I get mine: reptiledepot.com

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I use the Trex 100W for both Nigel, and Anoushka. :) I think that one would be perfect for Tallulah

Stazz

5 Year Member
Fantastic ! Thanks so much for the help Meg. Lets just hope I can get it !

What would you do, would you just order it? Or would you wait for an email reply to see if the ship here?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Email first...I would hate for them to charge you, and then not be able to do it. Then you would have to mess with a charge on your card etc etc. An email would sort things out nice and proper first.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
No prob! Its nice that someone else is up and responding. Its 2:04 am here, and the boy friend is at a friends house. So I am all by myself here (though I was up for work at 8 am). The torties are all sleeping. The only one's up are the geckos. My girl's, Tonks and Faye keep giving me looks like "WHY is she still up?" :p

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahahaha classic !!! Well its 11.10am here, I'm at work and have nothing to do, sooo boring ! tell Tonks and Faye I say WASSUP :p

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stace,
I bought mine at Caroline pet supply, but I do not think they ship inDubai since they do not ship in Canada. I had to go to the states to get it (my fiance's relatives received my order :) ). And soon, I will have to go back because I will need another one MVB. The problem is I do not have the time to go to the states, but I will have to find some.
I know I do not help you much with my response, but I just wanted to let you that Carolina pet supply only deliver the lights in USA.
I hope reptile depot will ship in Dubai, if not, I am sure you will find a website that does it :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Eeeek I really hope reptile depot delivers, otherwise Im kinda buggered !!! It would be a tad expensive for me to go to the States to get one haha. Maybe I should ask my cousin if she'll help me out, she lives in Long Beach CA

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Eeeek I really hope reptile depot delivers, otherwise Im kinda buggered !!! It would be a tad expensive for me to go to the States to get one haha. Maybe I should ask my cousin if she'll help me out, she lives in Long Beach CA

I am sure there must be one company that delivers in Dubai. Can you call a petstore to know if they can order it?

Stazz

5 Year Member
I won't even bother with the pet stores here, they are all terrible and most can't even speak English - let aone know how to order anything. I tried that with aspen shavings, no luck. Lol. Thanks for your ideas tho :p

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Here is a link to the mega-ray bulb, they do ship worldwide. The link is for the 'info' page, it has links for the different voltages too (US/European). You have to email them but they do say they ship all over.
Not sure what type of fixture you have but you definitely need a ceramic socket for a MVB bulb, they get mighty hot :)
You want to look at the self ballasted bulb.

http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-products.php[hr]

M

Maggie Cummings

Stace, if you have a problem let me know and I'll get it and ship it to you...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Oh and Stace if you get a fixture make sure it is for the wattage you get or higher. Like a 100 watt bulb needs at least a 100 watt rated fixture. I use 100 watt bulbs for my greeks (T-Rex) and 250 and 300 watt fixtures. figured if I needed a larger bulb I wouldn't need to buy a bigger fixture LOL. and as Maggie said if you can't get them we'll work something out to get one to you. :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
You guys are such stars. Thanks Clementine. Reptile Depot emailed me back saying they can ship it to me, but it's going to be really expensive. So I just emailed MegaRay on Clementine's link, to see what they can do. Thanks for the offer Maggie, I may just take you up on that :p

So which one should I use, the ones Meg said, or Clementine? I know as much about these bulbs and watts etc etc than a tort knows how to swim. :p

Will keep ya posted what ReptileDepot say about pricing, and what the other one, says. Thanks for all the info though, I'm sure it'll be easy to find a ceramic light fixture??? LOL I hope so.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I had a MAJOR problem with the mega ray bulbs. I bought two, and one blew right out of the box. The light quality of the other remaining bulb was horrible. You know how overcast daylight hurts your eyes? It was like that. SUPER bright. Nigel wouldn't even go underneath the basking spot.

I like Trex bulbs because they have a more "afternoon" sun light appearance. I have two bulbs right now, and am soon to be getting another.

IMO trex is better. But I know people have had good experiences with mega ray.

I never thought about buying the bulb and then shipping it to you. If you can find me a quote, I would be happy to do it (on your dime o course--poor college student here :D)

I did a thread about the mega ray bulbs....hold on.......here it is!

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-6047.html

I was SUPER unhappy with the company itself.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah I'd definitely prefer a "afternoon" sun glow lol.
Thanks so much for passing on that thread Meg, by the sounds of things I'll definitely go with Reptile Depot then. Thanks for your input though Clementine, its much appreciated !!!!

So its $39.99 for the bulb I need (100w), and how much is a ceramic fixture over there? Maybe I should get both sent over here so I have both at the same time, and I know its the correct fixture for the bulb. Hmmm. Will wait to see what Reptile Depot say about the pricing of Fedexing it here, otherwise I'll ask one of you to get it all for me and send you the money :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
I've actually decided (Nick will only find out once it arrives :p) that I'm going to order quite a few things from reptiledepot.com !!! MVB, 10 inch clamp lamp, combination digital thermometer/hydrometer, timothy hay, orchard grass....yeah think thats it for now...he'll kill me if I order more hahaha. :D SO EXCITING !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.