Where are you getting incandescents??

Shesabutterfly16

Location (City and/or State)
Aurora CO
Where have all the incandescent floodlights gone? I have been using a 65 or 75 W incandescent floodlight in my Russian tortoises enclosure for heating purposes for a while as per the recommendation of this group. I am having a really hard time finding them now. I have searched Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace hardware, Amazon. But All I’m seeing is the LED. It’s really nice to be able to get the pack of bulbs at a discounted rate instead of having to go to the pet store for a single more expensive bulb for heat. Does anyone have any good leads? Getting them online would be ideal
Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've bought on Amazon, but be careful of the size. I bought a case of 60 watt and the picture looked like a regular 60 watt bulb. Maybe I didn't read the script closely enough, but when my bulbs arrived, they're the physical size of a refrigerator bulb, not regular size at all. Still 60 watts, but very small bulbs.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I buy them on amazon and have them sent to NJ, where family sends them to me in CA where we can't get them... HOWEVER like @Yvonne G sometimes I've had that and then they are not as they appear online, so be careful

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Where have all the incandescent floodlights gone? I have been using a 65 or 75 W incandescent floodlight in my Russian tortoises enclosure for heating purposes for a while as per the recommendation of this group. I am having a really hard time finding them now. I have searched Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace hardware, Amazon. But All I’m seeing is the LED. It’s really nice to be able to get the pack of bulbs at a discounted rate instead of having to go to the pet store for a single more expensive bulb for heat. Does anyone have any good leads? Getting them online would be ideal
Thanks!
Check small family grocery stores, any old family run stores really. Last night while in our local "small" grocery store I found almost 50 incandescent's of all watts. They've been banned here for 4 years. Good luck

Jimmy1

NYC
I found a
Thanks!
I found a 3-pack of GE incandescent lights on Target.com