Very sad news......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Our beloved Tallula was officially adopted by our friends today, her new family :(:(:(:(

We have tried every aspect, every phone call, email, fax and text message - I have fought and fought harder and tougher, but no luck.
Tallula can never leave the country as the bastard pet store we bought her from has no papers, no import or export permits NOTHING for her, so without that, she cannot leave Dubai. Please, don't complain to me, don't be upset with me....I really did everything, Yvonne is my witness. I had Yvonne helping me everyday with suggestions, I exhausted all options, and now have had to give up our first "child".

Love you Talookie tot, mama and dadd will always love you

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
so sorry.. at least she is with friends....
Hugs from across the ocean and large mass of land!!! OOXX

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
If you had done nothing, then you would have failed your "child". You didn't you exhausted every avenue to get your child's papers in order. It is sad, but be thankful that she is with friends. Not to put a damper on an already somber occassion...but what if there were no one to leave her with.

Thoughts are with you and your family as you prepare for your separation. Be safe in your travels

hali

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
ah bless i am sure she will be ok - you did everythingyou could x

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am so sorry Stace :( At least, Tallula is with your friends so you know she will be well taken care of *hugs*

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
So sorry. Hopefully you and your friends will stay in touch and they can give you updates and photos. I'm sure that she'll be well taken care of. I admire you for how much you've tried to get her to be able to go. That's true love. Hang in there. Get another tort when you're ready.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am very sad for you, but at least you found her a home with someone that will hopefolly give her good care. I have often thought about how awful it would be if I have to leave California as I have CDTs and they can't leave the state. I don't know what I would do. I would only leave CA. if my husband had to find work else where.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Thanks for all your kind words and support. I still feel like I failed, even though I really did all I could.
I had a plan B if our friends wouldn't have adopted her, a couple other friends love her to, but there is a great animal rescue centre here, they're pro life and very personal. Its actually run form a local Emirati's family villa! They have every kind of animal, and Ive worked with torts there before. BUt I liek the thought of Tallula having a real home. The husband James said he has bonded with "Tallula Steve" haha, thats his name for her. SHes loved there, and iwll be cared for. I am sure they will stay in touch. Thanks again everyone. IM so scared to get a tort again, not thinking about that just yet!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry you could not keep her, but it is good that she is with friends..must have been a tough decision to make..

Status
Not open for further replies.