Moving to Columbus, Ohio. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, U.S.
I will be done with school in May, and I have taken a job in Columbus, Oh. Just wondering if anyone is from there or lives there. Looking for tips about where to live, where NOT to live, etc.

Thanks,

Evan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Evan:

Good luck in your new job. What field have you gone into? and can you take Smiley with you?

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I have a good friend that lives in Hilliard, and he seems to like it there! Columbus is a nice city and seems clean. Nicer than where I live!

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
emysemys said:
Hi Evan:

Good luck in your new job. What field have you gone into? and can you take Smiley with you?

Thank you for your well wishes. Yes, we are taking Smiley. I am in the Food Safety and Food Quality business. My degree will be in Animal Science, but I really enjoy working with food pathogens, and so forth.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
BigBiscuit said:
emysemys said:
Hi Evan:

Thank you for your well wishes. Yes, we are taking Smiley. I am in the Food Safety and Food Quality business. My degree will be in Animal Science, but I really enjoy working with food pathogens, and so forth.

I was going to say "go to white castle" because that's the only place I remember frequenting when I was in Columbus, but after reading your job description I think you know better :)

ehopkins12

5 Year Member
I live in Grove City, a suburb of Columbus. It's a pretty cool city. A lot of class in certain areas, and a lot of trash in others, but i'm sure thats the same with every city. I really like living in Grove city though. As far as location its really close to the city so you can jump on 71 and be there in about 10 minutes. It's fairly clean also and the people are nice. I moved here from Hilliard, which is on the west side. Hilliard's main issue is overcrowding, if you have kids prepare to cram them into one of the 3 massive overcrowded schools, traffic is a nightmare as well, but if you want to have access to some cool stuff a little farther from the city, Hilliard is close to several cool parks and farming communities. As far as the other suburbs, i know a lot of great people from Gahanna, over on the east side, that is a great community but a little pricier to live. Overall Columbus is a great city! Good luck and hope this helped :)

we also have a local reptile store called "Captive Born Reptiles" which is a GREAT store that knows what they're doing and really takes care of they're animals! They've got Redfoots on the way and i'm in line to get one! :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
-ryan- said:
BigBiscuit said:
emysemys said:
Hi Evan:

I was going to say "go to white castle" because that's the only place I remember frequenting when I was in Columbus, but after reading your job description I think you know better :)

mmm. Waffle House too.

Status
Not open for further replies.