Moving between multiple enclosures

Nephelle

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi all!

Is it safe to move a hatchling from their indoor enclosure to an outdoor one daily (while the weather holds), or is that too stressful?

I would like to set up a kiddie pool on my porch that I can plant in, and make a larger "play" area than the tub set-up in the living room, but it would be for outside time only.

Thanks in advance!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
The benefits of natural sunshine out weigh the added stress in my opinion. Outside time should be short in duration for the 1st year or so. An hour or two a day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi all!

Is it safe to move a hatchling from their indoor enclosure to an outdoor one daily (while the weather holds), or is that too stressful?

I would like to set up a kiddie pool on my porch that I can plant in, and make a larger "play" area than the tub set-up in the living room, but it would be for outside time only.

Thanks in advance!

Because the nights here are cooling down, I'm starting what I refer to as the Ins and Outs of Autumn. I take them out in the a.m. and bring them back in in the p.m. At first they go off their feed for a couple days, but as they get used to the move, they start eating again. Until I get their winter quarters set up, I usually just bring them in to a cardboard box full of shredded newspaper. But after I get their winter time quarters up and running, they will come in at night and be put into a tort table with substrate, plants, hiding places and lights.

CanadianTestudo

5 Year Member
I've always taken my russian in over night, even when the temps where good for night, just because we have many raccoons in the area, she seems to be fine