Kiddie Pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Grand Forks
Was wondering if anyone has ever used a kiddie pool for an outdoor enclosure? I know they say if you make a outdoor enclosure it should be at least 10'X10'. I like the kiddie pool idea because I can move it where I want it and can tear it down in the fall! Any info would be great =)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Yes, just be sure to add wire around the outside and top to prevent escapes and drill several small holes in the bottom for drainage. Baby pools work okay for young/small tortoises, not so much for tortoises much over 5".

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Here's a pic of mine that I use for my baby sulcata during the day. It's built with 2x4's in the middle and metal wire shelving from Lowes that are fastened to the wood frame. All 3 wire shelves open up for easy access. I have small holes drilled out around the bottom of the pool for water drainage. Anyways, thought i would share this as an example. Good luck!

View attachment 23458

Attachments

• image-3092374914.png
    image-3092374914.png
    343.5 KB · Views: 97

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RonHays said:
Here's a pic of mine that I use for my baby sulcata during the day. It's built with 2x4's in the middle and metal wire shelving from Lowes that are fastened to the wood frame. All 3 wire shelves open up for easy access. I have small holes drilled out around the bottom of the pool for water drainage. Anyways, thought i would share this as an example. Good luck!

View attachment 23456

Your pics darn it didn't show up. Try again. I want to see it too:D

A lot of people use the kiddie pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.