Yellowfoot indoor enclosure

OscarMorris

Location (City and/or State)
Lakewood, Ohio
To my fellow Yellowfoot owners, I was wondering if some of you could share pictures/details about your indoor enclosures. I’ve been researching Yellowfoot enclosures and I’ve been finding inconsistent results.

I have a nice large outdoor space for my Yellowfoot but I live in Northeast Ohio so the weather is all over the place. I want to make sure I have the proper set up for my yellowfoot inside.

Thanks in advance!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How old and big is your YF? I don't know off hand a member that has them. Not many on here have the YF that I know of. The enclosure will vary though depending on age and size of the tort.

OscarMorris

Lakewood, Ohio
The pet store told me she’s 5 years old, wild caught from a jungle in Guyana. She’s pretty small right now for a Yellowfoot, about 7.5 inches long, 5.5 inches wide.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mine all live outside, but I do have a younger one who lives in a tort table in the larger tortoises' outdoor shelter. It lived in a closed enclosure for the forst three years of its life. If I remember later today when I'm on my computer where my pictures are, I'll post some pictures, but they're nothing special.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When they first hatched they lived in a 2' square glass viv that I covered with plastic:

YF babies 9-28-15 c.jpgYF babies 9-28-15 d.jpg

I kept one and sold the rest. The one I kept lived here after he graduated from the viv:

YF 5-28-18 a.jpgYF closed chamber b.jpgYF closed chamber c.jpg

And now he lives here:

tort table e.jpgtort table f.jpgtort table g.jpg

This last one is covered with a sheet of rigid foam.

OscarMorris

Lakewood, Ohio
Thanks so much, that is a big help! With the last table does he have any issues with humidity? Is that why you cover the table with the foam ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks so much, that is a big help! With the last table does he have any issues with humidity? Is that why you cover the table with the foam ?
Yes. The rigid foam keeps the cool air inside the shed out and the warm, moist air in.