more then enough eastern box eggs then i expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
this is the first season i put my LTC male with my LTC females. i was expecting at least one of the 3 females to go gravid. 16 eggs later, its out of control. my one female just laid 3 more an hour ago. so cool to watch. not sure how im going to get rid of all these little hatchlings (if they hatch). Are baby eastern box turtles even legal to sell on the east coast?

View attachment 5370

View attachment 5371

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
That is a good problem to have IMHO, when they hatch (think positive) and if it is legal I will buy one or two if you like, no pressure though. Gratz on the good news.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very cool .... and Congrads! .... Alot of us wait for years to see that magic miracle happen , let alone be a problem ....you'll be just fine!
Happy Tort~N
JD~:)

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
se michigan
congrats thats really kool ,.,., im sure youll have no problem finding good homes
i have males so eggs & babys are something i havent had to study yet hoping to soon

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
ill keep you all posted with pictures when they start to hatch. im not in it to make money, so ill just charge the shipping costs. i enjoy turtles to much to make it a hassel...

spikethebest, i cant keep enough food in the pen for my sulcatta now, i cant imagine having 2. i would trade for russian hatchlings though...haha.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
Any updates on the eggs? I keep waiting to find some from my Boxies...but this is 2 years in a row I haven't :( I wonder if they're eating them....

Status
Not open for further replies.