Missouri, Wanted:Crested Geckos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
Hello, my name is Mira and I am looking to adopt a few crested geckos. I have two Russian tortoises already but I admittedly am just getting into the lizard/gecko realm of the pet world. I would be willing to adopt a gecko that needs re-homing or hatchlings that someone just doesn't want to keep, however if I don't get any replies then I will buy a few hatchlings from a friend that has agreed to sell me one at a reduced price (I'll probably end up doing that even if I do take in another one to be honest lol). I've looked at cages and done some research (though I'm sure that I'll still have a few questions along the way) and feel that I am ready to undertake a new branch of reptile keeping :) preemptive thank you's! :D

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
That is really great to know, I will go check into that to see if there are any crested geckos that are in good condition that i like, but I honestly usually avoid buying any of my animals from PetCo. PetCo's other stores may be perfectly fine, but the one in Jefferson City takes absolutely horrible care of their animals. I'm shocked that they stay in business. They, no exaggeration or joke, allow the Russian Tortoise enclosure to be COVERED in bugs. Bugs crawling in feces and substrate, bugs flying around and biting the torts, ect. I called their corporate headquarters about it last year and they pretty much told me that they had cleaned the cage now so clearly everything was fine. It would've been fine had I not known that the pen would've just ended up like that again lol. I am very hesitant to buy my animals from PetCo :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
mira_kaylee said:
That is really great to know, I will go check into that to see if there are any crested geckos that are in good condition that i like, but I honestly usually avoid buying any of my animals from PetCo. PetCo's other stores may be perfectly fine, but the one in Jefferson City takes absolutely horrible care of their animals. I'm shocked that they stay in business. They, no exaggeration or joke, allow the Russian Tortoise enclosure to be COVERED in bugs. Bugs crawling in feces and substrate, bugs flying around and biting the torts, ect. I called their corporate headquarters about it last year and they pretty much told me that they had cleaned the cage now so clearly everything was fine. It would've been fine had I not known that the pen would've just ended up like that again lol. I am very hesitant to buy my animals from PetCo :)

Gross! We clean cages at least once a week! ewie.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Like I said, every other PetCo on the planet may take fantastic care of their animals, but where I live they do not lol. It is a running joke among reptile owners in my town that PetCo probably spends more on replacement animals than they would on actually taking care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.