anyone have Bauers Chameleon Geckos?

BILBO-03

I don't have any but I have crested geckos they look really cool how many are you planning on getting

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
i ordered 2 babies. Eventually i'd like to have a male and a female but they are small enough that i can let these grow up and see what i have. Then i can order an adult male or female if necessary. But for now just want to hand tame them and see how they do. also i have read different things about the UVB light. Just like Cresteds, they really don't need it, but some people provide it anyway.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
they arrived today. So tiny. you can't tell from pics but these babies are like 1.5 inches from tip of snout to tip of tail. Maui is older, but Oahu is more adventurous.

Maui
Mauiday1pic1_zpsd2ncjmzr.jpg

Maui
mauiday1pic2_zpsahrp5qvh.jpg

Oahu on laft and Maui top right
oahuandmauiday1pic1_zps3knh1ssj.jpg

Oahu
Oahuday1pic1_zpsl7mznlmh.jpg

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
i like these little guys so much, i ordered a breeder pair. they should arrive next week. In the meantime, i had a 20 gallon tall tank, so i divided it and made 2 enclosures for them. the great thing about them is they don't need a ton of room. It is recommended that a trio live in a 12x12x18h exo-terra. Well now that i have divided this tank, i have 2 enclosures that are 12x12x16h. my babies are in one side and my adults can live in the other side. They prefer a lot of vines and they are arboreal, so there are a bunch of vines in there.

vivfinished2_zpspkfhqasa.jpg

BILBO-03

You ordered some adult that's awesome!!!! Are they ready to breed?
Did you get the adults the same place you bought the babies ?

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
You ordered some adult that's awesome!!!! Are they ready to breed?
Did you get the adults the same place you bought the babies ?

No, i am getting the adults from a girl who is pregnant and looking to donwsize her geckos. They are supposed to come on thursday. Longest week ever!! the adults themselves are old enough to breed now, but never have. she kept them in their own enclosures.

BILBO-03

That's cool I'll be your first customer;) post pics once you get them the babies look awesome so the adults probably look even cooler:)

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
they look pretty similar, a bit prehistoric. But they are pretty cool to watch. i wonder if there will be color morphs, years down the road. it seems that happens a lot. For now, i just like them bc they are not all crazy, you can hold them, and they don't jump out of your hands. They are small, so you can keep them in a smaller enclosure than most reptiles.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
my new Breeder pair- The female is Kauai, the male is Kilauea. i did not get great pics, bc i am trying not to stress them out too much.

Kauai
KauaiG_zps6t2cqhlx.jpg

Kilauea
KilaueaG_zpswp5qigmy.jpg