MEGAPHACELUM thread

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Always lurking. Always anticipating the next meal. They can bite a small mouse cleanly in half with those insanely powerful jaws on that massive head. E14882D8-8463-4E07-B4BC-FAF521210CB0.jpeg

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
A couple questions from before: Are all the species/subspecies available? How many different ones are there? Were you at TTPG 2019 in Mesa?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
A couple questions from before: Are all the species/subspecies available? How many different ones are there? Were you at TTPG 2019 in Mesa?

There are currently 3 recognized subspecies. All are difficult to obtain, but the P.m. megacephelum is the most common of the 3. Just a fascinating animal all the way around.
No, I was not there in 2019.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
There are currently 3 recognized subspecies. All are difficult to obtain, but the P.m. megacephelum is the most common of the 3. Just a fascinating animal all the way around.
No, I was not there in 2019.

Another question: The last I saw I got the impression there were 4 subspecies: megacephalum, peguense, vogli and schuei? Spelling from memory. One of these is not valid?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Another question: The last I saw I got the impression there were 4 subspecies: megacephalum, peguense, vogli and schuei? Spelling from memory. One of these is not valid?

I'm not the one to ask that question of. I'm old school, and had a hard enough time accepting that there were 3 separate subspecies......

TortoiseSupply.com