Meet Tangelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
This is Tangelo.

I've been wanting to get this guy for quite a while. He's had many owners all over the country, and I intend to be his last. He is fantastically perfect. His color is just unbelievable, and the most intense I've ever seen, both his shell and skin color. He almost looks like he's made of candy when he's clean and wet.

He is 5.8 inches long, and about 575 grams. The farthest owner back I can track him says he is from NE Kentucky many years ago.
He is housed in pen 1 with my four best females. I hope he makes stunning babies!

Wet shots.
IMG_7157s.jpg

IMG_7108s.jpg

IMG_7151s.jpg

IMG_7151s-2.jpg

IMG_7120s.jpg

IMG_7143s.jpg

Dry Shots.
IMG_6527s.jpg

IMG_6533s.jpg

IMG_6532s.jpg

Steve

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
OMG!!! I am speechless. Stunning is just not enough. Keep me in mind when he starts to produce....please! I just can't stop looking at him. Wow! wow! wow!
My heart is pounding away here!!!

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
That is a BEAUTIFUL turtle! Congratulations!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
how did you track him down and get him?...I want more of the story!!....he is stunning and WOW is right!!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
He almost looks like a photoshoped turtle , his colors are so vibrant and bright ! Congrats on finally getting him. He's definitly beautiful :):)

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
Gorgeous!! I'd love to see the babies. What kind of turtle is he specifically?

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
terryo said:
OMG!!! I am speechless. Stunning is just not enough. Keep me in mind when he starts to produce....please! I just can't stop looking at him. Wow! wow! wow!
My heart is pounding away here!!!

I will. This guy has been penned with the four females since hibernation. But it may take multiple matings to replace stored sperm from previous matings.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
my my how ever did you find him? the photo from above shows how perfectly contrasting his head is to his shell. im inpressed! thats one of the best looking male easterns ive ever seen! (the other was darn near completely orange)

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
MarcaineArt said:
Gorgeous!! I'd love to see the babies. What kind of turtle is he specifically?

Male Eastern Box Turtle.

pryncesssc said:
He almost looks like a photoshoped turtle , his colors are so vibrant and bright ! Congrats on finally getting him. He's definitly beautiful :):)

With a wet, clean shell and good lighting, you can make any eastern look good! If his shell was dirty and dry, the pics wouldn't look nearly as good. On a typical day, he wouldn't be this clean.

jojodesca said:
how did you track him down and get him?...I want more of the story!!....he is stunning and WOW is right!!

I've known he existed for a couple years, but then he showed up in a friends collection locally, and I was able to buy him.

I started asking known collectors if they ever remember seeing him, and eventually found the guy who originally found him. He moved and took his collection with him, then later sold this guy.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Here are a few more pics of him. You can see how he looks when he's dirty. He has attempted to breed so far this spring, but I haven't seen him successful yet, though I've been busy, and doubt I would have seen him if he has been successful.

IMG_1227s.jpg

IMG_1200s.jpg

IMG_1241s.jpg

IMG_1284s.jpg

IMG_1337s.jpg

IMG_1421s.jpg

IMG_1478s.jpg

Here is his harem.
Sunny
IMG_2230s.jpg

Goldie
IMG_6227s.jpg

Nuri
IMG_9128s.jpg

Caroline.
Caroline has a shell that has more total color and has every bit of the intensity Tangelo has.
IMG_9297s-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.