High color EBT hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
This is that little high color hatchling that I got in October. Every now and then I see him eating and chasing a pill bug in the vivarium, but today he came out and was eating a butter worm, so I got to take his picture. He's growing very nicely and I wish I could take a good picture so you could see the wonderful color he has. I've never seen a hatchling with so much color. See all the yellow on his arm...well his tail is all yellow too. And now he's beginning to show some orange too. The one's of me holding him are last month. The one's I took today are him eating the butter worm. I can't believe how he's turning orange. I haven't touched up these pictures...it's just his color. This is Obi....

013-57.jpg

005-70.jpg

007-61.jpg

008-60.jpg

001-71.jpg

016-43.jpg

002-72.jpg

Just to compare ...here is another little EBT hatchling I have that is completely all black ..no color at all

003-68.jpg

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
I had a EBT simce i was 8... Lost him last summer remodleing the outdoor enclosure :( .. Hopeing he is living in my woods!

Not as pretty as yours terry.. Your Little ones look awesome!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice pics, he seems to be growing very nicely.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
very very nice .... does he have the NY accent ? .." I want some waaaterrr,,," :p

JD~;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
jareeed2 ...I lost a Three Toed about three years ago. I still put water out in a pan for her by the big trees in my yard. I know she's there someplace. It's devastating not knowing if they're OK. I feel for you........

Jeff...Actually she's from New Jersey, right over the bridge from SI. Ever see how those Jersey Shore gals talk?

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
terryo said:
jareeed2 ...I lost a Three Toed about three years ago. I still put water out in a pan for her by the big trees in my yard. I know she's there someplace. It's devastating not knowing if they're OK. I feel for you........

Jeff...Actually she's from New Jersey, right over the bridge from SI. Ever see how those Jersey Shore gals talk?

"party's here" as Snooki would say!......:p

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
WOW....Fly to the Uk and i will pay high $$$$$ for you to make my tortoise enclosure look like yours! :D

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
yes he or she is amazingly colored and i like the black one as well, just look at the amazing amount of natral color differances, juat like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get : )

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That's why I love the look of Box Turtles Scott. There's never one pattern to any of them., and it's always a surprise waiting to see how they'll turn out as adults. I am very curious about that little black one too.
Tyler...where have you been? I'm glad to see you again.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Keep taking pictures! He/she's amazing! It's going to be interesting seeing how the color changes/develops. The bold color streak on the side of the head, will it be the dominate feature of the head pattern, or will other areas of the head turn orange, and drown out the streak.
Do you have any pictures of the parents?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
supremelysteve said:
Keep taking pictures! He/she's amazing! It's going to be interesting seeing how the color changes/develops. The bold color streak on the side of the head, will it be the dominate feature of the head pattern, or will other areas of the head turn orange, and drown out the streak.
Do you have any pictures of the parents?

No I don't. I got her from Chris (on this forum). He said the parents had a lot of color.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
terryo said:
That's why I love the look of Box Turtles Scott. There's never one pattern to any of them., and it's always a surprise waiting to see how they'll turn out as adults. I am very curious about that little black one too.
Tyler...where have you been? I'm glad to see you again.

Family problems!
Gradually getting better!
Gradually on the forum more! :D
Thanks for noticing! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.