Meet Chewy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
This is my first time using Photobucket so I hope it works.

I want you all to meet my new Baby Leopard, "Chewy"! It is short for Chewbacca but I will never tell him/her that! I have converted my sunroom into my Tort room. I have included pics of that so you can get a sense of where I am keeping Princess Leia and Chewy. The sun room is an ideal tort room because It is all glass and wood and has a seperate zone for heat. We keep it at 75 degrees alway's but the sun usually makes it a little hotter. Chewy is in her own Vivarium with a plexi glass top to maintain heat and humidity. I took the top off to take pics. Her substrate is Sphagum Moss and organic soil right now. I am expirimenting with growing my own weeds and grass and transplanting them into the Viv. but they are not tall enough yet. In case you cannot tell Chewy has two CHE's and one basking light but I am contemplating adding another basking light. I got Chewy from a clutch that Spikethebest gave to Tom before he left for Flying school. So my baby has been raised by Tom for the last two months, I know I have some big shoes to fill but how lucky am I!!!! Oh and Chewy is weighing in at a solid 50 grams.
Enjoy the pics….

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/CTtortoiseMom

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Congrat's on Chewy he look's great I like his enclosure what size is it ?

OllieInAZ

5 Year Member
Tempe, AZ
Congrats! Great looking tort with an awesome name.

Do you know how old Chewy is? I just want a reference point - none of my little ones have tipped the 50 gram point yet.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
coreyc said:
Congrat's on Chewy he look's great I like his enclosure what size is it ?

OllieInAZ said:

Do you know how old Chewy is? I just want a reference point - none of my little ones have tipped the 50 gram point yet.

Thanks, Tom can confirm but I am pretty sure Chewy is around the 2 month mark.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
onarock said:
Very nice, I love the name.

Thank you! I got to name "it" Rob wanted to name it Han Solo, I am so glad it was my turn!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
OllieInAZ said:

How long have you had them?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I forgot to mention that my humid hide is missing from the enclosure. I was trying to smooth out the edges with a knife as I was waiting for Chewy to arrive and I slipped and sliced throught the back, UGH! Rob is bringing home a new container that I promised not to touch. I will add the photo when Rob gets home.

OllieInAZ

5 Year Member
Tempe, AZ
coreyc said:
OllieInAZ said:

Ollie: I've had nearly 3 months; was told 8-10weeks old when I purchased; teetering around 48-50 grams

Yoda: I've had 2 months; is 12 weeks old; very consistent weight (currently 28 grams) but slow growth compared to the others

Dori: I've had 6 weeks; is 10 weeks old; currently 30 grams - has gained nearly 10grams in 6 weeks

CtTortoiseMom said:
onarock said:

Thank you! I got to name "it" Rob wanted to name it Han Solo, I am so glad it was my turn!

Han would have been a good name too. My girlfriend & I take turns naming too. Unfortunately she's not a Star Wars fan.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
OllieInAZ said:
coreyc said:
OllieInAZ said:

Ollie: I've had nearly 3 months; was told 8-10weeks old when I purchased; teetering around 48-50 grams

Yoda: I've had 2 months; is 12 weeks old; very consistent weight (currently 28 grams) but slow growth compared to the others

Dori: I've had 6 weeks; is 10 weeks old; currently 30 grams - has gained nearly 10grams in 6 weeks

Corey, if I remember right your babacookie is from Christy?

CtTortoiseMom said:
onarock said:

Han would have been a good name too. My girlfriend & I take turns naming too. Unfortunately she's not a Star Wars fan.

Yes I got her from Christy 10 weeks yesterday and is 34.6 grams

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
SnakeyeZ said:
Very nice... I love your enclosure for the other tortoise. Is that 48" x 48"?

Thanks, I measured it with a tape measure for you it is 50" by 50". She loves her ramps and we think it is really good exercise but sadly she is out growing it and we are thinking of losing the love seat next to it and expanding that way. Ha, who needs furniture when you have tortoises!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Awesome.... this is where it all starts. Before you realize it you'll end up with another one :)

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
CtTortoiseMom said:
SnakeyeZ said:
Very nice... I love your enclosure for the other tortoise. Is that 48" x 48"?

Thanks, I measured it with a tape measure for you it is 50" by 50". She loves her ramps and we think it is really good exercise but sadly she is out growing it and we are thinking of losing the love seat next to it and expanding that way. Ha, who needs furniture when you have tortoises!

I need you to talk to my wife. I'm trying to explain that same concept to her! "Furniture?? Babe...we can get pillows and everyone can sit on the floor...come on! Pleeease!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.