Meet Bubble and squeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

eajspider

5 Year Member
Hi

I have just found 2 tortoises for Omar who is 5 years and been waiting patiently for a tortoise. I was wondering what type of tortoises they are their shells are very pale but when we found them in the shop they were being kept in a dark room not the best care of animals here in Saudi Arabia, hopefully with proper care they will grow up healthy.

I as thinking they might be Russian tortoises but i am only guessing would be nice if someone could look at pics and tell us more .

Thanks Omar and Emma

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
Welcome to the forum :D :D I think you are right with the Russian guess!

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Sorry but I do not think you have russians there. I'm not sure what they are or if they are even the same species the one on the right looks like an egyptian, and the one on the left looks like some sort of greek. Hopefully some one else will be able to tell you for sure what you have. Do you have any more photos of these two?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
nope not russians. I'm not good at telling the difference between Hermann's, Greeks, Egyptians, etc...

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
I have to agree not Russians. Greek perhaps? I'm unsure tbh but curious to find out what they are :)

Welcome to TFO :D

eajspider

5 Year Member
oh hopefully not a egyptian as they are endangered , though the state we found them in its probably best we took them to give a proper chance of surviving. I will post some more pics tomorrow and hopefully someone will know what they are for sure. They had another tortoise which had a usual flat shell with dark shell markings it was lovely but both its eyes were sealed shut i tried to give it a bath in the shop as they never give them water and it drank but its eyes remained shut . I felt sad leaving it in that state but didn't know what could be done to help it .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Emma:

Its hard for me to tell from the pictures, and the mediterranean tortoises aren't my specialty, but I think the one on the left is a Russian, but the one on the right may be a Greek. I'll copy/paste the link to this thread to GBTortoises. He's good at I.D.ing these guys.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Both are definitely Greek subspecies, Testudo gracea ssp., looks like from the Middle East. More photos would help, especially of the plastron, the carapace straight down view and head area.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
Based on the earlier picture, you have greek tortoises. The 3 pictures that you just posted are even harder to see as they're too small.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Defering to others re: species, but they look pretty good regarding nails, beak, eyes, nose, etc.
Hope they do well for you and Omar!

Status
Not open for further replies.