Bubble and squeak sleeping a lot and not eating well

Status
Not open for further replies.

eajspider

5 Year Member
Hi
Bubble and squeak seem to be sleeping a lot more then usual and seem to only eat very little if anything. Nothing has changed it is winter here but in saudi the weather is still very warm. I think they are greek tortoises,is it likely they are stopping eating getting ready for hibernation. I did not think they hibernated desert species but maybe i am wrong.

Any advice much apperciated
thanks Emma

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
Greeks do hibernate, if they are inside check your temps!

If they are outside make them a nice warm resting box and still put food and water out for them.

What I would do is check their weight to make sure they are not underweight and will last the hibernation, check the poop for parasites, health check and make sure they are hydrated.

If any one of these things are out, your torts might not make it, and if they do they could wake up quite ill, so be 100% sure that hibernation is what you want..

It is not to be taken lightly.

Good luck

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Why not post a pic, then we can identify your torts for you.

All torts change activity with heat and light levels, whether they hibernate or not. If temperatures are dropping and days becoming shorter, your tortoises will slow down without a bit of extra electrical help.

Status
Not open for further replies.