Male Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I saw this Male Russian on craigslist and felt compelled to buy him.

3m33p23l45Y65R55S1b8965c7662da8751ec2.jpg

His owner rescued him a little over a month ago. It was good that she rescued him, he wasn't getting the proper care from his last owners. He has an overgrown beak that really really needs to be trimmed. But now she's realized that she doesn't have the room or time to take care of him.

I was talking to her about possibly buying him when I realized I don't really have the money right now to take him to the vet to get his beak trimmed and see if he's healthy. And I won't have a good amount of space until I move to a bigger house at the end of the year.

So, now I'm trying to find a good home for him with someone on here.

Here's the add his owner posted:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pet/2539195324.html

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I saw this ad too! I cried. I wish I could help him too! It seems like a vet would trim him up out of compassion and not charge her for a whole office visit. If she really really cared for him, she could surrender him to the San Diego Turtle & Tortoise Society and they would fix him up and find a great home.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Sad ... but the good news is that, other than the overgrown beak and claws, this tortoise does have a nice shell and apparently clear eyes, so it could otherwise be in good condition. A little visit to the vet, or in the hands of a skilled trimmer, and this guy could be good as new.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I hope he finds a happy home, I so sick of sad endings... like to see happy ones once in a while!

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
I agree he looks like he'd be healthy if he got his beak and nails trimmed. It's sad that his past owner didn't realize or care enough to get them trimmed.

cemmons12 said:
I hope he finds a happy home, I so sick of sad endings... like to see happy ones once in a while!

Me too! I want more happy endings. I wish I could give this guy the happy ending he deserves but unfortunately I'm only 17 so the torts I bring into the house must be mom approved. She did approve, she just said that It didn't make sense to get any more tortoises until we have a bigger house =/

Status
Not open for further replies.