Male or female??

Status
Not open for further replies.

beccayauyau

5 Year Member
Hi, please could everyone help me to sex my 3 year old Russian? I have some pictures to help :)

Attachments

• image-155655483.png
    image-155655483.png
    994.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image-3197333592.png
    image-3197333592.png
    983.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1016231998.png
    image-1016231998.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 51

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
How long is your tort?... it's really a bit young to sex with any degree of certainty.

I'd guess at female, but it really is a guess. You'll either be flashed in the next couple of years... or that tail could get a bit longer and prove me wrong.

beccayauyau

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
How long is your tort?... it's really a bit young to sex with any degree of certainty.

I'd guess at female, but it really is a guess. You'll either be flashed in the next couple of years... or that tail could get a bit longer and prove me wrong.

'she' is about 5 inches long now! I was a bit worries because yesterday something came out of her tail and it was fleshy looking!!!! Could this mean she is actually
Male? I was scared it was prolapse but need to make sure what it was... It went straight back in when I picked her up.

DvotedMOMMY

5 Year Member
beccayauyau said:
'she' is about 5 inches long now! I was a bit worries because yesterday something came out of her tail and it was fleshy looking!!!! Could this mean she is actually
Male? I was scared it was prolapse but need to make sure what it was... It went straight back in when I picked her up.

Haha.. :)

I'm a beginner, and no expert, but from what I've read/heard, seems to me you have a male, and he was flashing! Lol
Too funny! :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
beccayauyau said:
Females can flash you too, but what appears is much smaller and is (allegedly as I haven't seen it) a bit like a cowboy hat... a male on the other hand is 'once seen, never forgotten' :D

If you've seen a penis, you have a male... and it's by far the most reliable identification!

JoeImhof

5 Year Member
I think its a male. While one might look at that tail and say female, (I understand its not huge and not clearly male but..) it looks larger (longer) than both my female's tails. And if tort is not mature..........

Especially the photo on the left, see how the tail is fully turned perpendicular to tort's body? My females may wag their little tails back and forth, but rarely if ever keep them turned sideways..........

I'm guessing male

Status
Not open for further replies.