Lost Tortoise

Anonymous

Any ideas where in the garden she'd be? Under bushes, by trees, in the compost, near the house ect...?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Some of my Russian tortoises dig down at the base of a clump of grass right out in the middle of their yard. There's just no telling where it might be.

Anonymous

Oh ok. That makes it so much harder, lol. I'm getting bored of this game of hide and seek!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Any ideas where in the garden she'd be? Under bushes, by trees, in the compost, near the house ect...?

Wherever you've already checked and are positive she couldn't be.

That's my experience anyway. o_O

Good luck! When we first found ours (she was probably a lost pet), she started digging under nights before we knew how to house her. She was digging herself under, but not deep. Usually with just an inch or two of carapace under the surface of a low or spreading plant. We found her a couple of times by very gently sticking a finger/dowel under every plant.

I do agree with the others that she's likeliest to be found when it warms up.

Anonymous

Btw guys our tortoise lives inside and has a table inside where she sleeps and eats. She is not used the the night as she has never slept outside. I don't know weather this changes anything but I just thought just in case I'd let you guys know.

Anonymous

We found her!! Thanks so much guys.

We decided to look next door after two hours of looking in our garden. She was pretty easy to find next door because of the pink post it note we put on her. I'm so glad we found her. She is not in a nice hot bath getting ready to have a feast.!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Wonderful! ! !Happy ending~~:):)

Reactions: Rue

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We found her!! Thanks so much guys.

We decided to look next door after two hours of looking in our garden. She was pretty easy to find next door because of the pink post it note we put on her. I'm so glad we found her. She is not in a nice hot bath getting ready to have a feast.!

Lol "Pink post-it note"!!!

TortoiseWarrior

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Oh ok. That makes it so much harder, lol. I'm getting bored of this game of hide and seek!
Well it don't t get no better than this. If it was a game of hide and go seek the tort almost won...lol. Glad you found her . Whew!! Huh?
Pink post-it-notes huh? Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous

Lol. Next time we let her run around we're gonna attach some string her (somehow) and then when we want to find her we just have to follow the trail of string.

TortoiseWarrior

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Thank you. I rather be safe than sorry and if it works I'm with it. Orange duck tape for me will that work too?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Some people tie a large brightly coloured bow round their tort when they're out.

I would be concerned about a trailing string getting tangled round a leg and causing damage

Reactions: Rue

Anonymous

Yeah, I was thinking that with the string. There must be another way. Meh for now we just better keep a close eye on her when she's outside.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England