Tsskell

Location (City and/or State)
Slovakia
Had my young russian lost in my grandma's garden. She's like 7 years old and we take her every summer to my grandma's garden. Sometimes she gets lost, but we find her all the time. However it's been like 4 weeks, and we haven't found her directly. During summer she always hibernates, so we are sure she is hibernating this time too. My grandma's garden is 30x100 meters wide. Most of it is just small grass with trees, but there are few places where she usually goes to - a 75x75cm pile of dirt+dead plants, where my grandma for some reason throws away egg shells (when the pile gets too big she throws away the upper part to a waste in a smaller yard on the other side of the road), this pile is next to an old wall of abandoned pig shelter and my tort used this most of the times, digging a small hole next to the wall in the pile in the smaller place. We searched that place 1000000 times. Then there is abandoned, 15x10 shed (well it's not abandoned, but that's the way it looks like). If it got there, then it's really small chance of finding her by ourselves, but I don't see why she would do it, as it is very cold place. We are sure she isn't gone because we sometimes find some clue of her when she was walking through the garden like a small, 10 cm deep hole she takes nap in sometimes (appeared 2 weeks ago, but it is visible it is being used sometimes). There are also those plants growing low to the earth with those big leaves, but she was never there before. Any ideas of how to find her? The only other pets in the garden are 2 bearded dragons and 2 small pigeons if that's worth mentioning. If needing picture I'll try my best to find one, but the newest is like 1,5 years old so.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Go out there early morning when the sun first starts to shine on the garden. Look up against a wall or fence that the sun is shining on. They do this to get the benefits of the first rays of sun:

Russian Yard 4-4-12 b.jpg

Tsskell

Slovakia
Ok, thanks for the tip Yvonne G. I'll try it out this weekend. And Tom, it is not very easy for me as the tort can dig under it and I am not really and expert in this.