Looking for a better home for my rescued Desert Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

abeck

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So, I've been told my recently rescued desert tortoise will need more space than i can provide:( She is very social and eating and doing well. She will have her first check up on friday morning. I will ask a small adoption fee to cover vet expenses. She's a great girl and deserves the best :) I'm located near Hollywood, CA. Please respond if you have the proper home for her. I will do a home check and bring her to her new home, for my piece of mind. I would also consider trading her for a russian tort, for my little guy. But ONLY if you have the right home for my little gal. She's 7 ibs. & 6-7" long
IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You might do better contacting a chapter of the CTTC and give her to them to find a new home. Its against the law to "sell" desert tortoises, and charging an adoption fee might be construed as selling. Most of the chapters of CTTC are located in Southern California. You can go to their website to find the one closest to you.

Yvonne

http://www.tortoise.org/cttc/adoption.html

(scroll down a bit and the chapters are listed)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
This little girl is going to a CTTC chapter. I have talked with abeck and have worked out the details. No adoption fee will be charged or accepted.

abeck

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you crazy1. Talk tomorrow

abeck

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yes, they did. They just had her listed as tortoise. They didn't know what kind she was

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
adoption fees for DT are illegal and not tolerated by the department of fish and game. that shelter should be reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.