lighting for sulcatta 4 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingfree247

5 Year Member
confused about all the advice about lighting. I had originally purchased a basking/heat light, a UVB light and a nitetime red light for heat.

It's been suggested to return all of those and get a ceramic light for nite and a Mercury Vapor for the heat/UVB.

What is the best lighting for day and night that I should get for my new little guy to thrive in PA?

Thanks!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I use a Powersun MVB in the day and a CHE (ceramic heat emitter )for heat at night they do not produce light just heat.I have mine on a timer:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have experience with only two different brands...Zoo Med Powersun, which is a Mercury Vapor Bulb (heat and UVB all in one bulb), and the T-Rex Active UV/Heat, also a MVB. Either one of those is good for day time (12 to 14 hours per day). At night you can use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter), which is heat without light.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
You need to get out of PA, so the little fella can experience some sunlight...from April to October, we can all put our MVBs away :p

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
we SHOULD be getting some warm sunlight soon here in SO CAL...idk what is taking so long!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.