Leo or sully

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You just can't beat a leopard tortoise in the "pretty" department. However, sulcatas rate highest on the list for "friendly."

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Obviously he has never met a sulcata. If space is not an issue, and I could only choose 1, I would prob. go with sulcata.

He was in the enclosure with the sully. Guess their sully was aggressive and it was the only one he met. He recommended a red-foot

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Awe, that makes me sad! Our sully has a amazing personality! Has a desire to be with us when we are outside and always curious about anything new! She thinks she's a lap tort and will just about run for strawberries! Delilah makes our day when she graces us with her presence! I can't say which is better, a Leo or sully because we have both and love them dearly. The only difference is that we have had Delilah for almost 7 years now and our Leo's are hatchlings. I don't know if this helps you in your decision or not!! ;)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Both of the sullys I have had ( one baby & one that was 10) have been super sweet. Very fiendly & love to be touched . My baby will follow me around outside. Maybe it is how they are raised. My baby gets a good amount of time with me when she's in her outdoor enclosure.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I wouldn't want to deal with the destruction a Sulcata is capable of. I like the pretty rocks...aka Leopards ;)

Good luck choosing!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My 40 lbs sulcata is awesome . He's like a dog love's attention . Does not mess up anything because he has his part of the yard . I keep it simple grass water pond and a heated house . I let him out to walk around the main yard after work daily . He will follow me around stopping to eat grass . He will pace the garden fence looking at all the tomatoes licking his chops . For the most part he's well mannered .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I got both. If you ask my wife which species she will let go.

The answer will be............................................ME.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I've got 26yr old leopard and her mate is 13 yr old male and they are great and very well behaved ! I've had the male sence he was a dream (before he was a egg ) they don't dig ! They don't break any thing . No walls , no doors , and they don't fight each other or any one else .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum