Large water feature

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Taunton, MA
I have a paint tray I use as one of my water sources for my tortoise. I have a fish filter in it to circulate the water but it doesn’t filter the poop out well. Taking out the tray is a hassle. Does anyone have ideas how to better rig it?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have a paint tray I use as one of my water sources for my tortoise. I have a fish filter in it to circulate the water but it doesn’t filter the poop out well. Taking out the tray is a hassle. Does anyone have ideas how to better rig it?
No
And I've tried for years to find a way

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Well damn… maybe I could build a platform around it to make removal for cleaning easier
I'm currently using cement formed pools that I clean out with a broom and refill.
Finding a way to clean/filter a tortoise watering pool has eluded myself and others for a very long time.
There's just too much poop and bacteria involved

ZenHerper

New Jersey
I use two pans. One that sits in the substrate and holds the shape while I remove the top one which contains the water.

With small solid excrement, try spot cleaning with a dedicated kitchen baster (glass cleans/disinfects easier if you can find it).

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Taunton, MA
I'm currently using cement formed pools that I clean out with a broom and refill.
Finding a way to clean/filter a tortoise watering pool has eluded myself and others for a very long time.
There's just too much poop and bacteria involved
This is indoors

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Taunton, MA
I use two pans. One that sits in the substrate and holds the shape while I remove the top one which contains the water.

With small solid excrement, try spot cleaning with a dedicated kitchen baster (glass cleans/disinfects easier if you can find it).
Good idea