Building a new enclosure

Tortstrip

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I’m building a new indoor enclosure for my 2 year old sulcata. I typically use a paint tray for his water dish and was thinking about adding some plumbing underneath to drain the water and clean it without taking the tray out. It’s a pain to take it out every day and I always end up spilling it. I’m putting the enclosure on top of an 18in stand so I’ll have a little bit of room to work with underneath. Does anybody have any advice or pictures of what they’ve done?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pvc cement would probably work. However, I would think you would want to cap the end with a removable cap on the end that sits in the pan. Otherwise you'd have to have the water fill up the pipe before it would stay in the pan. Some how that seems like the water sitting in the pipe would be nasty?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’m building a new indoor enclosure for my 2 year old sulcata. I typically use a paint tray for his water dish and was thinking about adding some plumbing underneath to drain the water and clean it without taking the tray out. It’s a pain to take it out every day and I always end up spilling it. I’m putting the enclosure on top of an 18in stand so I’ll have a little bit of room to work with underneath. Does anybody have any advice or pictures of what they’ve done?
Bulk head fittings. Like what they use on reef tanks.