Large male Hermann’s??

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
He looks happy and content. Good work!
Thank you! I changed his substrate to eco earth because I read it was better than Repti bark. Do you have any recommendations on how to keep it out of his food? He tracks it in and I worry about him getting impacted.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Thank you! I changed his substrate to eco earth because I read it was better than Repti bark. Do you have any recommendations on how to keep it out of his food? He tracks it in and I worry about him getting impacted.

Both are basically equally suitable tbh, the orchid bark (repti-bark) is just a lot cleaner for an adult, both are able to hold a lot of moisture and make a good substrate for digging in.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Wow. I feel bad that I don't have a Hermann's. But if I did, he would be prettier, bigger, wider, longer and heavier than all of these here. For sure.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Wow. I feel bad that I don't have a Hermann's. But if I did, he would be prettier, bigger, wider, longer and heavier than all of these here. For sure.
Even better to have a Hermann's that is smaller, shorter, and lighter, but funny and loving and stunningly beautiful - superior to any other tortoise in the world. That's what I think, anyway !!!
Angie (his mum)