Knobs died

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshine1217

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Deer Lodge, MT
I am so sorry. Being a new tortie mom it's one of my biggest fears. One of my hatchlings is very active and climbs everything, twice I've found it on it's back! I am so afraid that I'm going to come home from work and find her under the basking lamp.

I hope that you can find consolance in the fact that you have some of her offspring.

ErikaO

5 Year Member
I am sorry to hear of your sad loss. I hear of tortoisesflipping over all the time. I am wondering how long us "too long" for a tortoise to be on its back before it becomes a potentially fatal accident? Does it depend on the type of tortoise or the age of the tortoise? Forgive me for all of my questions at this rough time; I would like to learn how to avoid the same demise with our tortoises. I will be leaving for a two week out-of-country trip soon and we have set up arrangements to have our torts looked in on, however, I am now concerned that it won't be often enough even if checked on daily.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Sorry to hear the cruddy news Jeff, hopefully Pip grows up big and strong like momma!

Plowmandust77

10 Year Member!
Griffith Indiana
Sorry to hear about your loss, Jeff. Rudy weeps softly. Rudy is the hatchling I received from you that has the personality of no other. He is always up, and always watching out for me. Major bummer. I can't even imagine losing my torts.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
So sorry to hear this. Years ago I lost a very old female box turtle in the same way. I fould her flipped over in the shallow end of the pond, in the hot sun, after being away for the weekend. Good you have something of her to remember her with.

tobyandlydia❤

5 Year Member
Oh no, thats really sad :( im worried Sometimes my toby flips over too
I guess it was really bad luck, sorry to hear it :'(

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Wow...just found this thread, my friend. So very sorry for your loss...take care and will be thinking about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.