Knobs died

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
I'm totally crushed. I had a funeral to attend yesterday morning. When I returned,I went to check the redfoots. I found my female,Knobs,flipped over and dead. She was outgoing and would always be the first to come to me,as she was always hungry. I'll miss her a lot.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That completely sucks man. So sorry to hear this...

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Wow, that's one of those unavoidable accidents that no one is prepared for. Sorry to hear this.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
OMG! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Was Knobs ill? Was it due to the flip? I worry about this a lot...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
urgh .... Ratman'....sorry for your loss!.... I too have lost some favorite torts and a nice chunk of change when I KNOW my torts get the best (even better than the wild) care possible. I would ask myself why?
One person in here few years ago told me this........
" The larger your herd becomes , or the more animals you keep...you will experience some losses no doubt about it" .
With that in mind ....hang in there buddy and keep up happy thoughts and pride in your remaining torts! You hatched out some amazing RF's this year ......Keep it up!

JD~

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
No,she was as healthy as a horse. She died from being flipped for too long. The funeral was out of town,so I was away for a total of about 10 hours. She always had a tendency to flip,I don't know why.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That happened to me a couple years ago. A Manouria emys phayrei that I had bought as a hatchling and raised for about 15 years got tipped onto her back while I was in the hospital and my daughter was taking care of the animals for me. She didn't know to go around looking and counting heads and I didn't discover her until several days later. So I know how you feel. This is not a happy feeling. Do you have any of Knobby's offspring?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sorry to hear about your tort. It always seems like the outgoing ones always get in trouble

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
jackrat said:
No,she was as healthy as a horse. She died from being flipped for too long. The funeral was out of town,so I was away for a total of about 10 hours. She always had a tendency to flip,I don't know why.

Again, I am so sorry. This is my nightmare. I am always checking on all of my creatures; parrots, torts, kitties and puppy. You just never know when something like this could happen. Needless to say, I am home a lot. Really so sorry. C

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
emysemys said:
That happened to me a couple years ago. A Manouria emys phayrei that I had bought as a hatchling and raised for about 15 years got tipped onto her back while I was in the hospital and my daughter was taking care of the animals for me. She didn't know to go around looking and counting heads and I didn't discover her until several days later. So I know how you feel. This is not a happy feeling. Do you have any of Knobby's offspring?
Yes I do. Pip,who is a year and a half old is hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.