Just Sheldon

vladimir

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I've got to try the "put something under the plastron so they can't touch the ground" trick next time I weigh Vlad. Not sure why I didn't think of it sooner.

As it is now, sometimes he decides to agree and sits nicely on the scale while it settles, other times he just stands up and walks off right away. :D

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I've got to try the "put something under the plastron so they can't touch the ground" trick next time I weigh Vlad. Not sure why I didn't think of it sooner.

As it is now, sometimes he decides to agree and sits nicely on the scale while it settles, other times he just stands up and walks off right away. :D
You got the idea the same way I did. When I bought the scale, I was pondering how the heck am I going to get this guy to stand still. Then I saw a picture of someone else doing it that way on here... and the light bulb in my head went off.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
that field looks delicious! :tort:
It used to be a alfalfa field back in in the day. Now it's mainly tall grasses and weeds, lots of clover as well. He really loves it out there, as do I. That property has been in our family for over a hundred years. I used to only use it for deer hunting, but now it is Sheldon's buffet.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
@Jay Bagley how's Sheldon's new closed chamber coming along? [emoji846]
It's going LOL. The cold weather put us behind painting everything. And then we didn't realize how heavy this thing would be when we got it done. So we took it apart and I've been bringing it over in pieces and reassembling everything. Once it is back together I just need to caulk it and hang the lights. By the time I get him in it, I'll already be drawing up plans for a bigger one LOL. Here's some of the pieces that we brought over that are sitting in my den right now.20180506_143540.jpg